Anyone Recommend A Roofer?

Wease

I can't seem to get a hold of the guy I used back in 2004, so I'm open to anyone's suggestion. I need a sky light fixed, as it's leaking. Anyone do this sort of work or have a good recommendation for me? :confused:

Rohypnol is one of the more popular ones, intended to be for short-term treatment of chronic or severe insomniacs. If you know somebody with serious sleeping problems you could probably score a few pills off them for a few bucks. I recommend crushing it into a fine powder and putting it into a girl's drink, then when she.. oh, thought you said roofey. oops

I asked this question a few weeks ago. Holy cow, roofers are a really flaky bunch. I've got a california valley that's been leaking for a couple of years...also need roofer help ASAP!

I've got a written offer from Able that I'm going with (wifey wants a warranty) unless I find another good company.

Did you go up there and check the skylight? It may just need recaulked. Skylights are a big pain in the ass.

Not yet. Maybe I will today when I get home. I'm not even sure where it's leaking from... :(

I've used McNickels Roofing.

Sonny Estep is the contractor I've worked with. Fixed me up perfect on two different occasions not related to the roof they put on about 8 years back.

740-374-9011 Cell

740-965-8174 Office

J Shetler Construction

They did my roof - 45 squares, replaced about 4 total sheets of plywood. In and out in 2 days.

Very impressed.

A ladder fell and damaged one of my exterior lights. Without even hesitating, he told me to tell him what I thought it was valued at. He took that amount of my bill. Small things like that mean a lot to me.

I called John Ross at 8:45 this morning, left a message. He called me back within an hour, was out at my house at noon (even though I'm still at work, I told him it was OK to snoop around).

He quoted me the same repairs as Able did (but I didn't tell him that...wanted to see what he recommended) PLUS MORE REPAIR for 20% of Able's quote. And he's going to offer a warranty.

I'm waiting for his written quote, but I'm impressed so far and will probably use the guy if everything looks alright...

I wrestled with flaky contractors since last fall (even before the snow), so THANK YOU AKULA and CR!

• 1 month later...

Bringing this back from the dead...I was out of town last week, but called John Ross back to get him on my roof ASAP (I neglected to bring him on after getting a quote).

I ended up getting a lower price for paying with cash, and he and his son got on the house that afternoon. He found a shit ton of rotted roofing plywood, and ended up coming back the next day to finish the job.

In this day and age when flakes run rampant, and people sub out the work to the cheapest day-laborers they can find, I have to say my cheapassedness was pleasantly surprised by finding this quality professional who did a phenominal job at the drop of a hat. I will say cash is king, but he did an awesome job even though I wasn't there.

Cash is king. I got my roof done years ago with cash and got a great deal done on it. Of course, they screwed up my skylights, hence this thread and the leak I had. :(

I ended up using Marc's uncle, Skylights Plus. He did a great job... :nod: