Mitsuoka Viewt

Aaron

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5242248-Mitsuoka-Viewt-learn-me

Thread on The Car Lounge, thought it would be appropriate.

"If I told you, you'd ask me again...twice," and kept walking on by me."

This part is 100% true, heard it from the horse's mouth yesterday.

I'm laughing like a CRAZY MAN over here. :lol::lol:

I have to admit, the OP's story is true and without distortion. It was the third time I was asked that same question in the store in 2 minutes. The employee even commented that it must get old (being asked over and over by the same person). :)

I'm usually pretty nice if someone starts with a compliment, or even something that I can twist into a compliment.

"Now that's something you don't see every day. What kind of a car is that?"

or

"Hey, I like your car. What is it?"

But it usually goes like this:

What's that?

It's a Viewt.

What?

A Viewt.

A Vue? That's not a Vue.

No. It's a Viewt. Like the word "view" but with a T on the end.

Who makes it?

Mitsuoka.

Who?

(slowly and sounding out each syllable) Mitsuoka.

Mitsubishi?

No. Mitsuoka.

Where's it made?

In Japan.

It's British, isn't it?

No. It's from Japan.

It looks British. I think it's weird. How much did it cost?

Have a nice day.

So Doc did you get your battery or do we need to order some more parts from Spain?

Funny you should ask. Auto Zone insisted they had a $110 battery which would do the trick (keep in mind, this battery is about the size of a motorcycle battery). After removing my defective battery, they realized that nothing would fit --- bracket is welded to other parts and not adjustable--my battery cable connectors couldn't be spread wide enough to accomodate the new battery's posts........ we're going in and out of the store to try to find some parts to make it all work ......... then this guy comes up and says, "What kind of a car is that?" :D

Wanna tackle it at the Hilliard shop on Friday?

I have to admit, the OP's story is true and without distortion. It was the third time I was asked that same question in the store in 2 minutes. The employee even commented that it must get old (being asked over and over by the same person). :)

I'm usually pretty nice if someone starts with a compliment, or even something that I can twist into a compliment.

or

What's that?

It's a Viewt.

What?

A Viewt.

A Vue? That's not a Vue.

Who makes it?

Mitsuoka.

Who?

Mitsubishi?

No. Mitsuoka.

Where's it made?

In Japan.

It's British, isn't it?

No. It's from Japan.

Have a nice day.

I'm dying reading this shit. Mit-su-oka ... "It's British ..."

Funny you should ask. Auto Zone insisted they had a $110 battery which would do the trick (keep in mind, this battery is about the size of a motorcycle battery). After removing my defective battery, they realized that nothing would fit --- bracket is welded to other parts and not adjustable--my battery cable connectors couldn't be spread wide enough to accomodate the new battery's posts........ we're going in and out of the store to try to find some parts to make it all work ......... then this guy comes up and says, "What kind of a car is that?" :D

Wanna tackle it at the Hilliard shop on Friday?

Crazy how tactful some people are huh? Not even a hello, or nice car? Nutz. Sounds like cordell.

or

What's that?

It's a Viewt.

What?

A Viewt.

A Vue? That's not a Vue.

Who makes it?

Mitsuoka.

Who?

Mitsubishi?

No. Mitsuoka.

Where's it made?

In Japan.

It's British, isn't it?

No. It's from Japan.

Have a nice day.

I kind of felt your pain when I had my SVX.. except people know what Subaru is.

I could see his point of view. I'm usually pretty patient with folks .... just was trying to get the car fixed and kept getting interrupted. If I'd known he was a car guy, I would have taken the time.

And, truth be told, I can be a pompous bunghole. :o

About five minutes later a man and his teenage daughter asked about the car and what I use on the wheels because they had problems keeping her car wheels clean. As I recall I gave them about 3 minutes worth of pointers, and they were grateful. I guess they seemed more sincere. They weren't nosey, they just wanted some help.

I could see his point of view. I'm usually pretty patient with folks .... just was trying to get the car fixed and kept getting interrupted. If I'd known he was a car guy, I would have taken the time.

And, truth be told, I can be a pompous bunghole. :o

About five minutes later a man and his teenage daughter asked about the car and what I use on the wheels because they had problems keeping her car wheels clean. As I recall I gave them about 3 minutes worth of pointers, and they were grateful. I guess they seemed more sincere. They weren't nosey, they just wanted some help.

I have never known you to be the least bit nice....... JERK! I mean when you had us all over for free food and dyno runs and fun you didn't even provide beer.