looking for a new ride, have questions about audi,ford, ect.

OGRE

About Subarus:

Head gaskets blow if they haven't been done on schedule. That being said, they are incredibly easy to replace yourself, and the heads are almost never warped. In addition, they are simply unbeatable in the winter. Fuel economy is not a selling point however, if thats an issue.

About Subarus:

Head gaskets blow if they haven't been done on schedule. That being said, they are incredibly easy to replace yourself, and the heads are almost never warped. In addition, they are simply unbeatable in the winter. Fuel economy is not a selling point however, if thats an issue.

thanks are N/A motors less likely to push out head gaskets vs. turbo or does it not really matter?

there is a schedule for headgaskets? btw i heard wrx are timing belt, does that go for all subarus?

mileage isn't a huge concern, it's going to be better than an f150 lol

thanks are N/A motors less likely to push out head gaskets vs. turbo or does it not really matter?

there is a schedule for headgaskets? btw i heard wrx are timing belt, does that go for all subarus?

mileage isn't a huge concern, it's going to be better than an f150 lol

It doesn't really matter, imo anyway. I'm to the point where I only buy Subarus that have blown head gaskets. If they are in running condition, they hold their value remarkably well, but when they are broke, they are cheaper than dirt. Take my Legacy wagon for example, I bought it a few weeks back for $500, blown headgaskets. Now, I haven't had a chance to fix it yet, but Sean (crossle) and I have done enough of these things to know that 8 hours and a few hundo worth of parts later I will have a daily that runs like new and will be worth several times what I paid for it.

As for headgaskets, I am pretty sure there is a schedule, but I don't remember what it is.