shifter vibrating in 5 and 6 gear

h22 yo

what would cause the manual shifter to vibrate heavily in 5th and 6th gear in a turbo'd s2000? driveshaft? gearbox? spider joint?

if i put it in nuetral around 50 mph in 5th, the vibration goes away almost instantly.

thanks for any insight.

When it goes away, clutch in or out in neutral?

Regardless, if you take it out of gear then it wont be the engine( well depending on rpm) or the drive shaft, as they are still spinning. Most likely to be an actual transmission problem or transmission mount problem.

Back to the Engine part. Does it do this in any other gear? Try using the brakes to load the engine like it would be in 5th or 6th. Is there any vibration at any point in the rpm range in any other gear, or even with out load on the motor?

Short shifter or stock?

stock

less than 37,000 on the motor... 4.44 final drive and act stage 3 clutch with chromo flywheel.

when the vibration goes away, the car is in nuetral, or if i put it down a gear to slow down. its strange..

agreed as above.. sounds like a trans mount but you might note if it does it at higher speeds in 5th or 6th. or if it is rpm dependant might show ya if a bearing might have some play in it and causing shift shafts to vibrate under heavy load.

normally driven for the most part.. of course sometimes i hit full boost but not too often. and yeah the car did have the driveshaft bolts blow out a while ago, but they were replaced by honda.