Anyone used "The Air Duct Doctor"?

Bam

Looking to get my vents cleaned out again, I do it every few years and noticed this company has an advertised special that is ridiculously cheap.

Just curious if anyone has any good/bad experience with this company.

Thanks

Even for people with breathing issues/asthma? My daughter has a breathing machine/does treatments sometimes daily and I just want to ensure nothing extra is floating around in the air. Only reason I thought about doing it again is I've noticed my vents being extra dusty/quicker and having just changed my furnace air filter it seemed dirtier than normal.

I'm all about saving money but at the same time I guess I feel like I noticed a difference in amount of 'debris' in the air inside our home.

Hmm...

FWIW, I have found duct cleaning companies to be rather sketchy. I called these very people once, based on their low price quote, but once they get to your home, the price quadrupled! Seems every vent, additional line, main stack, burners etc are all extra money.

I had them hold to the quoted price which turned out to be a job I could have done with my shop vac. I would not do this again.

Research well before you buy is my advice.

Even for people with breathing issues/asthma? My daughter has a breathing machine/does treatments sometimes daily and I just want to ensure nothing extra is floating around in the air. Only reason I thought about doing it again is I've noticed my vents being extra dusty/quicker and having just changed my furnace air filter it seemed dirtier than normal.

I'm all about saving money but at the same time I guess I feel like I noticed a difference in amount of 'debris' in the air inside our home.

Hmm...

I would imagine that if the EPA of all people thinks is a load of shit, that its for real.

From what that website says they dont reccomend routine cleanings, and that they dont really believe it will do any good.

I mean, if it will make yoru peace of mind better, for your daughter, go for it, but I knew that i had read thier website before and thought i should post it.

I would imagine that if the EPA of all people thinks is a load of shit, that its for real.

From what that website says they dont reccomend routine cleanings, and that they dont really believe it will do any good.

I mean, if it will make yoru peace of mind better, for your daughter, go for it, but I knew that i had read thier website before and thought i should post it.

I wasn't one for it either but I am glad we did it. Our home was about 18 yrs old when we did and I can say watching the tube and what they pulled out, I was shocked. Everything from toys, to drywall to dust to who knows what came tumbling through their system. I can't say it made a difference to each of us as we didn't have breathing issues, but rather what made me do it was what I personally encountered in the way of dust and dirt and debris when cleaning out one 15' section to retrieve something my kids tossed down there.

I agree that "routine" might be a bit much. However, I will say that ever 8-10 years is my time frame.