Mid-Ohio PDX 5/20 (WOR SCCA)

downingracing

Western Ohio Region is hosting a PDX (Performance Driving Experience) event at Mid-Ohio sports car course in Lexington, Ohio. This is the link to the registration: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/AC4F035F-E39D-7899-F42724ED3BD57B11

Come out and drive your street car on this AWESOME track! Instructors for any new folks and advanced groups for those of you with plenty of experience as well! This is an SCCA sanctioned event (sanction and insurance information available from WOR region).

If you've been thinking about doing a track day - this is DEFINATELY one to consider! I'll be there all weekend (instructing on Friday and racing on Sat./Sun.). Post any questions or feel free to PM me. My only involvement in this event is helping instruct and participating in the Regional Race that weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The event is this coming Friday! Car counts for the PDX are lower than I expected - that means more open track for each person signed up!!! If you've ever wanted to drive on a race track, this is a great opportunity to do it at a world class track - Mid-Ohio! Novice group will have instructors to assist you in having the most FUN possible! This is going to be a great event - stop making excuses and get signed up!

Many people say that their car is 'stock' and they want to mod it before coming to the track. NO NEED! As a novice, you will not be driving anywhere near the limit of your car. You can do many track days before even getting close to that limit. Brake fluid, torque wrench, tire pressure gauge and a helmet are about all you need! (An extra set of brake pads wouldn't hurt... Just incase...)

It really is a blast and driving Mid-Ohio is AWESOME! I'll be at the track Thursday evening. Instructing on Friday and racing Sat/Sun. For anyone who makes it up, I'm WAY out in the upper grass paddock. We will have 3 Civics racing this weekend - should be a BLAST!

Hope to see some of you there!

Participants got over 2 hours of track time this past Friday. 6 sessions and everyone had a blast! If you missed it - there will be another at the end of July. Will post details as it gets closer.