My newest toy

-Alex-

Thanks guys.

It's such a damn toss up on the wheels. Honestly I think they look terrible in pics, but in person they don't look nearly as bad. Usually the first thing people say about the car in person is how nice the wheels are, but to me the only thing they've got going for them is the fact that they're polished CCW Classics. I don't like the size or the fitment. I'm leaning towards some comp grey C6 Z06s.

C6 Shift Knob, C6 Seat :)

Exactly. It still has the stock shifter, I plan on putting a C6 shifter and knob in it soon. Only problem with the seats is I'd have to hold off for some Z06s and they're $$$$.

Littleguy, I believe that could be an option since these wheels are like Legos, lol. If I can't find a good trade for them this year I'll probably look into that.

Me likey. I am such a sucker for a silver car. Change the screen name for sure.

Unfortunately those seats look pretty much normal for that age of vette....especially the Z06 which has the relatively cheaper (and lighter) seats. The seats in my wife's '99 coupe look only marginally better. She has the upgrade (not) 'sport' seats. Of course, she is lazy about car care and if I try to do it she gets mad and says she will get to it.

I think the style of those wheels suits the car. I've mentioned this before in other threads but no one has confirmed or denied it...I believe if there is enough material in the design that you can have the surface of the wheel where it contacts the hub machined to alter the off-set. Not sure but I thought I saw that somewhere. Would be worth looking into.

I love the wheels...too bad they're about 2300 for the set, I would love a set on the Saab!

I saw a set like that on a C4 or a C5, could be either one at the Texas Mile or one of these events that HOT ROD covered, I'm not sure which...but it was beautiful!

Lower it change the wheels and this is a sexy sexy car. I love silver vets, great looking car. Should be a fun toy, don't listen to the nit pickers. you have one and they don't. Congrats on the buy man.

My car and my wheels are like peas and carrots.

So would I be banned if the CCWs are replaced by some comp grey C6 reps in 18/19s? Even if I hunker it down a little more as well? I just like the more understated dark grey on silver as opposed to the blang blang polished wheels. A lot less upkeep as well. I have a vision in my head that won't go away.

I love the wheels. The fronts look like they fit fine, but the rear offset isn't great.

I personally would either sell the rears and get a proper set, or see if a place like Wheel Medic could do something to make the rears fit better. Those wheels really set the car off far better than any factory wheel will.

I think the vette would stay with or pull on the Cobra, it was a ported blower, upper pulley, and exhaust basically. It ran strong but the vette feels like it's a little faster.

I made a thread on corvetteforum and a couple others wanting to trade the CCWs for something else, but all offers have either been from way out west (I don't want to ship for risk of damage or not seeing the other wheels in person) or it's people expecting me to trade the CCWs with new expensive tires straight up for some stock C5 Z06s with worn out tires. I may just be stuck with these.

Here are a couple I took for the thread I made on the other sites. The way the quarter panels on the car are shaped make them look worse than they are. The edge of the tread is almost flush with where the quarter begins, it's the sidewall that pokes out.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/mcwilliams1/5bd1ac85.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/mcwilliams1/869537d5.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/mcwilliams1/d91e35dd.jpg

And one from the car show I went to, just as another angle.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/mcwilliams1/2b488c8b.jpg

I think the vette would stay with or pull on the Cobra, it was a ported blower, upper pulley, and exhaust basically. It ran strong but the vette feels like it's a little faster.

thought you had a twinscrew on the car for some reason.