Z28 still possible?

pontiacfreak142

I just read an article a little bit ago in a motor trend magazine i believe about the new ZL1. Towards the end of the article, they mention that chevy has said they will start releasing special edition camaro's every 6 months, at least until it goes to the new chassis in '13 or '14. So what do you guys think they will do? Revive the Z28, or just do stupid little things to the SS and call it a day?

well right now there is no Z28, but with the 4th gens, the Z28 was the base V8 car and SLP did a few upgrades like a tune and intake a believe for the SS's.

There was so little difference with a 4th gen it was pointless, biggest difference was a hood and wheels. SLP didn't do much unless the original owner bought some of the options offered by SLP.

It would be interesting, when the 4th gen was released the Z was supposed to get the CTS-V motor.550 horse an six speed, better chassis tuning, etc. Still a whale though.

You mean when the 5th gen was released? Thats what the ZL1 is going to be, it was talked about as being the Z28 but doesn't look like it'll happen.

i have to agree with the weight. at the very least though, a better suspention and an LS7

Good luck with that.

Is there still going to be a turbo-4 version? I don't recall hearing anything about that since they introduced the concept.

Highly doubt this too. GM's only turbo 4 cylinders currently in production are the Turbo Regal 2.4L, and the 1.4L turbo in the new Cruze. Haven't seen anywhere where they're developing an engine worth putting into a bigger car like the Camaro.

I wish they would do something with the Z28 nameplate, but in my opinion it needs to be a good handling car like the original Trans Am racers of the 60s.

I've read that GM pretty much has what you guys are talking about already into development and we wil have it around April '12. So far it is just being referred to as the "track pack", but it's going to be to the Camaro what the Boss 302 is to the Mustang and there is a rumor the LS7 could be in it. It's also rumored it will be called the Z28. I found most of this info in the April 2011 issue of Car and Driver.

I've read that GM pretty much has what you guys are talking about already into development and we wil have it around April '12. So far it is just being referred to as the "track pack", but it's going to be to the Camaro what the Boss 302 is to the Mustang and there is a rumor the LS7 could be in it. It's also rumored it will be called the Z28. I found most of this info in the April 2011 issue of Car and Driver.

very sweet, i hope this is true. Speaking of track packs, i had also heard a while back that dodge was possibly going to help chevy create a drag pack for the camaro, anyone ever hear anything about this?