is/has CR ever been for sale?

AWW$HEEET

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just FYI,

There is a track day next week that a local shop organized at Mid-Ohio, includes breakfast and lunch, "an abbreviated 'Mid Ohio School Introduction Short Course' that will includes classroom instruction, maneuverability drills, a session in The Mid Ohio School skid car, turning exercises, a short autocross, lead follow on the track followed by an open afternoon lapping", all for $600. They need a minimum of 30 people for it to work. They sent out invitations about a month ahead of time, and needed to know 10 days before the actual event to see if they had enough people to make it happen.

Would something like this be possible here? Would there be 30 people on CR willing to pay $600 for something like this? Maybe Mid-Ohio offers something that's cheaper?

Is that $600 per person?

-Marc

and I thought track days on bikes were expensive.... jeebus

Well this is not the typical track day. Like I mentioned, you're fed, spend time on the skid course, small group, personal instruction, autocross, more track time than you can stand. For typical car track days that are closer to what bike track days are, you're looking at like $250.

38k, sell, create similar website under different name, all the main users migrate within 6 months to new site. Not very complicated.

this is what i was curious about; what i alluded to in my previous post. would there be any sort of legal barriers that would prevent this from happening? and even if so, i'm sure there would be some kind of loophole that we could take advantage of

this is what i was curious about; what i alluded to in my previous post. would there be any sort of legal barriers that would prevent this from happening? and even if so, i'm sure there would be some kind of loophole that we could take advantage of

Only if the seller was contractually obligated in the buyout not to compete.