Jeep Patriots

PRD2BDF

Has anyone had any experiences with them? I like the looks, the size, and it has somewhat off-road skills as evidenced in this picture

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/spedponcho/2007_Jeep_Patriot.jpg

I'm sure there's better alternatives out there but I think this seems to be a good blend of off-road capable, size, and fuel economy

thoughts?

Needs more height otherwise cool enough I guess. I don't really like the direction jeeps been heading, but I guess you can only do so much once you start needing to meet mileage standards and rollover/safety requirements.

My neighbor as a Nitro with the factory 20s and gets mid to low 20 mpg. as for the 5 speed auto my guess is they are limited due to the liberty using the nitro platform and not have enough room for the 5 speeds. But thanks just a guess.

check here.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/

I like the looks of it but if I were to be buying a new smaller 4x4 I would look at the Nitro/Liberty. Little bigger and v6 power.

The Nitro is probably one of the worst cars ever made. I absolutely hate driving that car. The Patriot isn't bad as a daily. I wouldn't classify it as 'fun' unless you have an AWD in a big snow storm. They have mild off-road capability, but their really good in snow. The CVT kinda sucks, but the 5 speed isn't too much better. I drove an AWD Compass one winter for probably about 12k miles and it was a good winter daily with AWD/CVT/'leather'/heated seats/My Gig, but over priced when new.

To the commenter that said 'get the Compass, it's Trail Rated,' so is the Patriot. Both cars have the same interior too.

I was considering the Patriot before I purchased my new vehicle. It is a pretty nice compact cross-over that can actually go off road. It is the only vehicle in the class that has a true 4x4 system. Of course basic Jeep interior but it was a nice ride.

I ended up going for a Dodge Nitro. Gas mileage wasn't that much different, it is bigger, has a lot more options and of course the big one for me was the 4.0L V6. It is a much better option over than the dog of an engine 3.7L that the Liberty has. If you are even considering the Liberty, wait till 2012 when Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler replaces all their V6's with the new Penstart 3.6L V6. More hp, tq and better mpg than everything they have currently in a V6.

I bought my wife a 2010 Compass. Interior is cheap as expected, CVT is really annoying at any speed, no power, mid 20s for fuel econ, it has 7k miles on it and is already starting to rust. It's a decent mom-mobile but sucks at everything but snow.

I've seen videos of those Patriots doing things they shouldn't be doing.

I wouldn't go for a Compass, it's not my cup of tea. The Patriots when they're lifted and modded, they bear a great resemblance to the original Cherokee.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/spedponcho/2006-Jeep-Patriot-SEMA-Concept-Rear.jpg