Decisions decisions

BoostedAce

I feel the same way but I bought everything on impulse and though I would see what people think of the taurus! Glock ftw

His statement was somewhat self explanitory. Taurus is junk by comparison. I've owned my fair share of Glocks and not one has ever let me down. I like to know that my firearm will go bang every single time. Glock didn't get to what they are now with function problems. Wait and save for the laser if you really have to have it. I do just fine without one, considering my Glock 21SF is my nightstand gun.

Another vote for the m&p compact. I've got the .40 and love it. Have thousands of rounds through it no issues and IMO much more comfortable than a glock, which a couple of my friends carry.

look at the M&P compact over the g27. i have the M&P9c and owned a G26 and didnt like the feel of the G26 in my hand...plus, the M&P has the interchangable grips so you can go from a smaller feel, to larger.

size-wise, theyre pretty much identical. IIRC, one of them was like 1/4" longer than the other. i think it was the glock, but i could be wrong

This, I went with the m&p and love it. Feels way better in the hand than any of the others I held. Good size (not too small or too big). Plus good price especially if your military. Just my 2 cents.

Man. Glock guys jsut can't get away from them even if they've never fired another to give a fair assessment. LOL. This doesn't necessarily pertain to those here, but a recent convo with a buddy IRL proved this to me.

My little bro was looking. Showed him the Ruger LC9, LCP, SR9c (mine), S&W M&P both 9 and .40, Glock 26 and 27, and Springfield XD compact and sub compact in 9 and .40. He ended up going with the XW SC .40 saying that Glock didn't feel that great. Had to agree.

Truth be told, I wanted him to get a Glock so I could have some fun with it, but I don't think anyone can go wrong with the Glock 26, Ruger SR9c, Springfield XD, or S&W M&P. Those are my top 4 in no particular order.

• 5 weeks later...
Test the Ruger SR9c.

Wow I have shot over 14 diffrent guns over the past 3 weeks and the Sr9c is what I will be ordering friday. I feel %100 safe with this choice. Thanks bud.

:thumbup:

Told ya you wouldn't be disappointed. Over 1,000 trouble free rounds with mine and I've been carrying it daily in a variety of ways. Awesome pistol. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Glock or M&P...Springfield XD is another good choice. Taurus....mmm, I hear good things about their revolvers, but not-good things about their autos...no personal experience though.

Hi-point....they are HORRIBLE ergonomically, and a pain to clean...but I know a LOT of people who have put large amounts of ammo through them without a problem. That warranty and their customer service are EXEMPLARY, if you have ANY problem ever, they WILL fix it or send you a NEW pistol...other manufacturers should DAMN WELL be taking notes there! I wouldn't have one as a carry piece myself, there admittedly are issues...but anyone calling them horrible has never owned anything with Lorcin, Bersa, or Rohm stamped on it.

Glock or M&P...Springfield XD is another good choice. Taurus....mmm, I hear good things about their revolvers, but not-good things about their autos...no personal experience though.

Hi-point....they are HORRIBLE ergonomically, and a pain to clean...but I know a LOT of people who have put large amounts of ammo through them without a problem. That warranty and their customer service are EXEMPLARY, if you have ANY problem ever, they WILL fix it or send you a NEW pistol...other manufacturers should DAMN WELL be taking notes there! I wouldn't have one as a carry piece myself, there admittedly are issues...but anyone calling them horrible has never owned anything with Lorcin, Bersa, or Rohm stamped on it.

Many rounds put through in one sitting. I haven't seen a HiPoint pass a test where more than a few hundred rounds have gone through quickly. Also, single stack mags in bricks suck for a carry.