recomend me a cheep camera

AJ

looking for a good cheep camera to take pictures of the camaro project with. my currant camera died on me. its been a good camera but has hit the floor one too many times.

just for lol part the camera i have been using is from 2004 and is a fuji finepix a330. its 3.2 mega pixels hahaha.

looking for a good cheep camera to take pictures of the camaro project with. my currant camera died on me. its been a good camera but has hit the floor one too many times.

just for lol part the camera i have been using is from 2004 and is a fuji finepix a330. its 3.2 mega pixels hahaha.

Spend a few minutes on http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/

You'll find that today, most all of the newer cameras are quality. Really depends on your budget. My insight, get one that is a little better than you expect you'll need today. Get one with a decent zoom and image stabilization.

I really like the new Panny, Canon and Nikon units. Don't focus on MP's as it's Image Quality that matters. PM me if you have questions down the road. Even if you trip up and get a bad pic, just let me know. We can fix it.

• Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
  • Nikon Coolpix P7000
  • Canon PowerShot S95

Are three I would suggest looking at.

I would recamend the canon T3i or the the (still new) T2i both entry level DSLRs, but are fantastic! Worth the upgrade over a point and shoot. Take a look at those too. Also if you have time take a trip over to Midwest Photo Exchange, the guys there can talk to you and figure out the best camera for you based on your budget and needs!

thanks guys but i'm looking for simple and cheep. its in the garage and hits the floor a lot so i don't need something nice. just a basic memory card to take out and stick in my lap top. remember this is what i'm coming from

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMCTi6KSv_YXV8imXfn_ZJjvUkRiUuu9ewsnTuWLnIezLvlyJsUQ

thanks guys but i'm looking for simple and cheep. its in the garage and hits the floor a lot so i don't need something nice. just a basic memory card to take out and stick in my lap top. remember this is what i'm coming from

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMCTi6KSv_YXV8imXfn_ZJjvUkRiUuu9ewsnTuWLnIezLvlyJsUQ

Craig's list and pick up anything that's 1-2 years old.

Not to hijack, but since this is very related...

I was looking at <$100 Cameras lately as a gift for my niece. This low-end Fuji (AX300) seems like it has decent specs for a relatively cheap camera. I have had good results with the couple of mid-range Fuji cameras I've owned personally. I'm no camera expert though. Anyone have any insight/opinions on these? I would buy something a little further up the scale for myself, but she's just going to use this for retarded Facebook pictures, vacation and such, most of which will probably never be made into prints.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830122328&cm_re=ax300-_-30-122-328-_-Product

Picked up a Canon SX30 this past fall and have loved it to death.

Not so big as to be cumbersome, and takes great pics, good video, and has a stabilized 35x zoom.

It's not an DSLR, and people will tell you the photos get noisy at full size, which is true, but for a P&S, it's spectacular.

my wife loves her Canon Powershot Elph100 and it does take fantastic quality pictures. its thin enough to slide into a pocket and also shoots to a SD card which her laptop accepts without an external reader.

hers is bright ass pink tho... you can get in other colors too

Linky

Edited by Murse
added link