Would I be at fault?

PRD2BDF

This is a hypothetical situation and I thought since we have some people who are cops or may be knowledgeable of the law.

Some may know and some may not know. I was born Deaf and I use American Sign Language to communicate, in other words, I don't use my voice. I'm profoundly Deaf, I can't hear sirens even when it's right next to me...

Which brings me to this.

If I was approaching an intersection that has a green light for me. I cannot see the crossing roads due to buildings blocking the view. An ambulance or an emergency response vehicle is responding to a situation on the lane that will cross my path. If I was to hit him in the middle of the intersection, who would be at fault? I try not to play the Deaf card but I do not think I should be at fault since I cannot hear the sirens and I had a green light. (I know that having a green light doesn't mean anything but it tells me that I can go).

Opinions are appreciated. Yes, I've had a few near calls because I didn't even seen them coming and I'm very alert.

Like I said in my first post, the buildings blocks my views, I cannot see the cars approaching the intersections due to the buildings (quite a few of those in Lancaster) and let's say the road has very few cars they're behind me.

But otherwise, yes, I can see lights, cars, objects around me.

Just from what I see, most ambulances and fire trucks slow down at those types of insections.

yeah they have a duty to clear every intersection they go thru.... the officer on the scene may write you the ticket but I would bet the judge would overturn it once the facts are presented....

yeah they have a duty to clear every intersection they go thru.... the officer on the scene may write you the ticket but I would bet the judge would overturn it once the facts are presented....

yes operators of safety equipment that are using beacon lights and audible siren are required to use due regard when going through an intersection. When you look up the state code of 4511.45 and city code 2131.21 which is the right of way for an emergency vehicle code it does not show an affirmative defense as being deaf. I would think a judge may waive the fine and just find you at fault in the accident. Either way its always fun to make your own case law