Input on 2008 civic si.

macpyro2

So now the Audi is sold I have been looking at buying a replacement DD. I have test drove about 10 different cars and the SI was the best. Though its not the Audi, the SI was solid, fit nice and was really fun to drive. I will most likely buy it tomorrow I just want some final input. The good, the bad i want to know everything. Edited by Not Brian

So now the Audi is sold I have been looking at buying a replacement DD. I have test drove about 10 different cars and the SI was the best. Though its not the Audi, the SI was solid, fit nice and was really fun to drive. I will most likely buy it tomorrow I just want some final input. The good, the bad i want to know everything.

Helped a buddy buy one and he's been loving it. I drove one when looking at the MS3 back when it was going to be my DD'er for work. The only drawback for me was the dash layout which just was a little different for my liking. I also didn't care for the lack of torque and having to sound like a teenager thrashing it when pulling out in traffic in a spirited way.

No drawbacks that I can think of. They sure hold their value and on the highway, they keep up well.

Lightweight fwd cars suck in the snow. I mean, I guess that's more an opinion, but other than opinions there really isn't anything bad to say about them as far as daily drivers go.

Yea I never had to worry about this with the quattro but I have a friend who has one and he said he just changes to winter tires and its not bad in winter.

3rd gear/tranmissions stink on the SI's check out 8thcivic.com

Mine isn't an SI, but i still love it from a daily driver's stand point. Its not bad in the snow at all. but with the size tires that you run on an SI its hard to find all weather tires that aren't directional. (directional = fail in snow)

the bad is the transmission but they had recalls to fix 2nd and 3rd gear. other than that really no issues. i have driven plenty in the snow and stock tires where fine. buddy put hondata flashpro in his and makes a world of difference with getting rid of the rev hang etc.

the bad is the transmission but they had recalls to fix 2nd and 3rd gear. other than that really no issues. i have driven plenty in the snow and stock tires where fine. buddy put hondata flashpro in his and makes a world of difference with getting rid of the rev hang etc.

I don't mind the rev hang anymore, my synchros probably like it better.

That could be it too then, I suppose. I love the shifter in her car, and the clutch feels fine, just feels off until i drive it a few minutes.

To add my somewhat relevant input, I love my buddy's Si Sedan. He works for Honda as a crash test engineer, and ordered his through their employee program. I almost prefer the lines of the 4 door over the coupe somehow. He hasn't had his more than a year, but I don't believe he's had a single issue with it.

I work at roush and drive these cars everyday. The SI's are cool and all. But for a true comfy daily driver I would try to buy a newer accord v6 6speed. If you can find one for a decent deal.

Yea I never had to worry about this with the quattro but I have a friend who has one and he said he just changes to winter tires and its not bad in winter.

FWD cars in the snow are fine. The only thing with them is that once you start to spin, its dicey to get it back in line. RWD likes to go sideways for every excuse in the book, but you can give it gas to get it under control way more than a FWD. You just have to adjust your driving to suit either one.

If your just after a DD, I would consider an older civic. It could save you some money and parts are easy to find. Plus, you have a ton of engine swap options.