RIP Sentra

01sentrase2.0

I know most of you don't know me but I figured that I would share some of the carnage after the accident I had today. My car did what it was supposed to do today by protecting me.

Some lady thought it would be a good idea to pull out in front of me and total my car. I was driving south on RT 3 in the left lane going the speed limit. Right lane was stopped and the lady was waved on by the guy stuck at the driveway of the KFC. She pulls out of the driveway and I see the accident coming. I slam on the brakes and she ends up hitting me in the front fender/front of my car. Both airbags went off and luckily I was leaning back with my seatbelt on and the airbag only left a rash on my left arm. Onto the pics. Only got a chance to take 3.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/2001sentrase/My%20Dead%20Sentra/210250_665394217997_50600683_34670655_5311229_o.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/2001sentrase/My%20Dead%20Sentra/218957_665393898637_50600683_34670652_2213433_o.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/2001sentrase/My%20Dead%20Sentra/220823_665393709017_50600683_34670648_7177896_o.jpg

I have just the minor rash from the airbag on my left arm and then a bruise from where my left leg hit up under the dash. Not to bad considering the damage. Stupid bitch got to just cut a piece of her fender off and remove the left headlight and she was able to drive off. The tow truck driver helped her by ripping the shit off and then ripping the headlight off as well which she wasn't happy about. She was cited and the cops were definitely on my side and could tell she was at fault.

Time to find out what the insurance company will offer me. UGH.

End of rant.

I'm wondering if I hadn't slammed on the brakes if it would have been better since she would have hit either the side of maybe even the rear end instead of the front. I'm hoping to get a rental car either tomorrow or wednesday as long as her insurance company man's up and gets ahold of me. Doubtful but a guy can hope at least. I have never been involved in an accident of any sort until today, the airbag dust scared the crap out of me since I thought it was smoke so I did my best to get out of the car quickly. That stuff smells terrible and tastes even worse. Suppose I get $3500, what would you guys get/do? I really don't want another car payment since the car was paid off and had minimal issues for a 10 year old car.

Glad you are ok! This sucks...don't let the insurance dick you around. I would also make a trip to my family doctor just in case. These insurance asshats will try to get you to sign a waiver so even if you don't have pain etc... today they will have you sign so that you can't come back on them. Protect yourself Luke!!

I'm wondering if I hadn't slammed on the brakes if it would have been better since she would have hit either the side of maybe even the rear end instead of the front. I'm hoping to get a rental car either tomorrow or wednesday as long as her insurance company man's up and gets ahold of me. Doubtful but a guy can hope at least. I have never been involved in an accident of any sort until today, the airbag dust scared the crap out of me since I thought it was smoke so I did my best to get out of the car quickly. That stuff smells terrible and tastes even worse. Suppose I get $3500, what would you guys get/do? I really don't want another car payment since the car was paid off and had minimal issues for a 10 year old car.

If she hit you in the pass. side there would be nothing to restrain your head and you would probably have bad whiplash. In this case the airbag did it's job to protect your head and the rash is just a minor annoyance compared to what could have been. The fact that your knees hit the dash should tell you that your 'leaning back' didn't do anything, as the impact threw your entrie body forward.

Glad to hear your ok. I hate situations like this. People trying to be polite create more dangerous situations on the road.

Glad you are alright. I had to stop some guy from pulling out of a gas station last week because he would have pulled out right in front of someone. He saw me flailing and heard the honk thankfully. Speed limit on that road is 45. I let him know when it was safe to go and he actually thanked me with the courtesy wave.

Call your insurance, they'll get you a rental if her company doesn't do it. They'll bill her company and get all over their ass to make things right.

only if he has rental on his policy!! his insurance company cant authorize it for some other company.

Glad you are ok! This sucks...don't let the insurance dick you around. I would also make a trip to my family doctor just in case. These insurance asshats will try to get you to sign a waiver so even if you don't have pain etc... today they will have you sign so that you can't come back on them. Protect yourself Luke!!

+1 on going to dr. you need to make sure your ok.

and you are wrong about the release. thats not how we do it anyway. you only sign the release when you want to settle. and its up to you. but don't sign a release until you feel comfortable. or don't cash a check for the Bodily inj.

Also, from personal experience from working as a nurse in family practice, at your first visit you need to tell them everything that not only hurt currently but even things that did hurt. Because if you don't say it at that visit the ins co could come back and say " well you didn't complain about that then who's to say it's not from something else" and not pay. I told my patients, start from the top of your head and slowly work your way down and tell me everything that hurts and/or did hurt."

The ladies insurance is State Auto. Tim, I think I will pass on your maxima even if it is one sweet ride. lol.

Thanks, let me know how it goes. I have not heard of many experiences with them.