Best gas rewards around Columbus?

,,,,,,comma,,,,,,

Giant Eagle gift cards or Kroger. At least with Kroger, you get money off of 4 fill ups. Giant Eagle you only get it off of one. So you'd really have to do the math to figure out which one saves you more money.

Basically I shop only at Kroger, and spend just over the $300 range to get the 10 cents off per fill up. But if I'm going out to eat or need a gift card for anything, I hit up Giant Eagle for the gift cards. Build that discount up and use it on the SUV at some point.

Lastly, I use a great gas rewards credit card from Pen Fed which gives me 5% back on my gas purchases, given out once a month... :cool:

At least with Kroger, you get money off of 4 fill ups. Giant Eagle you only get it off of one.

Not anymore. They changed the system that every $100 you get .10 off up to $1.00 off 1 fill up. Really pissed me off b/c I normally got .50 off 4 fillups every month.

Not anymore. They changed the system that every $100 you get .10 off up to $1.00 off 1 fill up. Really pissed me off b/c I normally got .50 off 4 fillups every month.

When did they change that? :eek:

The beginning of this month.

Wow. That freaking sucks, did NOT know that. So basically, it's worse than Giant Eagle's now, right? At least with Giant Eagle, you get 20 cents off every $50 spent? :confused:

Wow. That freaking sucks, did NOT know that. So basically, it's worse than Giant Eagle's now, right? At least with Giant Eagle, you get 20 cents off every $50 spent? :confused:

The nice thing about Giant Eagle is they dont (or didnt) have a limit to how much you got off. Dad has filled up (30 gallons) free before. They are giving double rewards on gift cards right now. Then for every 10 gallons you buy you get 1 or 2% off of your groceries.