Cobra guys

2highpsi

join svtperformance, and modularfords. tons, tons of info on both sites

Been researching on svtperformance all night.

I'll check out modularfords too.

Thanks for all the help guys.

I am 100% sure the guy I tracked down is the original owner of the car. I'll update here if he gives me any other info.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car looks very familiar. Post it up on SVTPerformance and see if anyone claims it or knows the car/history. Otherwise, get a carfax and/or try calling the 1800FORDSVT line and see if they'll tell you the previous owner (unless you have a friend that works at the dealer that can run the OASIS report).

Depending on price, might be a good buy. Then again, it might be raced to it's last leg also...

Believe it or not I found the original owner just googling some info on the car.

Only 257 were made this way. This one has a particular scratch on the driverside top quarter panel that a guy on svtperformance with one of the 257 also had. This was built on the same day as his, and his listed location is 15 miles away from where autocheck shows the car registration was always updated. (a city in Florida)

There is no doubt, this was his car.

I emailed him. We will see if he gets back to me.

Ironhand is the SN

I talked to him, and yes it was his car.

The lower is a 2lb

The rear is out of an 04 Mach One

I do need control arms, so pm me a price.

Dover, I am considering spray....

You will need 60's or 80's depending on if you plan on E85 at any point. You will also need either Ford GT pumps or a BAP as well, if you don't already have either. It may have the stock 3.55 gear then. Atleast you have the Cobra rear brakes still with the Mach 1 rear. Is the blower ported? Ask the guy on SVT what he did to it and that will help you greatly.

Nice looking Cobra. What did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking? Mine's barely modded, barely driven. Just 18K miles on it... :nod:

mine just rolled over 19k miles, and i thought i had the lowest mileage.

i added mustang GT brakes to the solid rear, in order to be able to run 15" wheels at the track. they're slightly smaller than the cobra/mach1 brakes, which require a 16" wheel.

You will need 60's or 80's depending on if you plan on E85 at any point. You will also need either Ford GT pumps or a BAP as well, if you don't already have either. It may have the stock 3.55 gear then. Atleast you have the Cobra rear brakes still with the Mach 1 rear. Is the blower ported? Ask the guy on SVT what he did to it and that will help you greatly.

The blower is ported. It also does have the 3.55 gear

How much you get it for?

More than I wanted to pay, but less than it's worth ;)

Wanna sell it?

Probably not yet. Give it 6 months though, and I am sure I will be ready to move on.

I know this sounds crazy, but I want to put it back to stock (pullies, intake, and exhaust) so I can actually run the thing and make sure it is 100%

Then I will throw on the 2.8 upper, a 4lb lower, bigger injectors, MAF, BAP, and get it tuned.

SOOOO

If anyone has stock upper and lower pullies, stock intake, and stock exhuast let me know. I am interested in it.

Also looking for a BAP, 4lb lower, and POSSIBLY a nitrous system.....

I know this sounds crazy, but I want to put it back to stock (pullies, intake, and exhaust) so I can actually run the thing and make sure it is 100%

Then I will throw on the 2.8 upper, a 4lb lower, bigger injectors, MAF, BAP, and get it tuned.

SOOOO

If anyone has stock upper and lower pullies, stock intake, and stock exhuast let me know. I am interested in it.

Also looking for a BAP, 4lb lower, and POSSIBLY a nitrous system.....

if the blower has been ported, i would not recommend puting it back to stock. just get a decent tune, make sure you're not out of pump/injector/mass air, and run the bitch. too much work to put everything back to stock---you'd need a stock blower, stock belt, etc etc. get the car tuned as it sits, and run it. the difference between a stock and a pulleyed cobra is about 60-80 rwhp. in your case, your car should be at around 525rwhp, vs 360rwhp stock---

i added mustang GT brakes to the solid rear, in order to be able to run 15" wheels at the track. they're slightly smaller than the cobra/mach1 brakes, which require a 16" wheel.

My Cobra brakes fit a 15" wheel. Just took slight grinding of the calipers.

Bought it with 12K miles back in '06. So I'm averaging about 1200 a summer on it. It's still in storage right now. As soon as it warms up to the point of where I don't want to drive the AC-lacking '86 GT, I'll swap them out... :)

Bought it with 12K miles back in '06. So I'm averaging about 1200 a summer on it. It's still in storage right now. As soon as it warms up to the point of where I don't want to drive the AC-lacking '86 GT, I'll swap them out... :)

When my falls apart I know where to find a replacement :)

Don't put it back to stock, there's no reason for that. Get a BAP, 60's, and a MAF (or extender) and you'll be fine. Keep the 2 lb lower and run a 150 shot through it. You'll make big power.

Don't put it back to stock, there's no reason for that. Get a BAP, 60's, and a MAF (or extender) and you'll be fine. Keep the 2 lb lower and run a 150 shot through it. You'll make big power.

and go 13s

Glad no one mentioned up grading that weak sauz input shaft on the T-56 or the clutch

and go 13s

Glad no one mentioned up grading that weak sauz input shaft on the T-56 or the clutch

If he's not going to race it, I don't see the point. I roll raced the shit out of mine, on spray, and never had a problem with the clutch or input shaft.

i would not recommend puting it back to stock. ---

Don't put it back to stock.

Ok, I won't put it back to stock then. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any problems before getting it to the dyno, but I see your point.

and go 13s

That would be a realistic first couple passes, lol.

I haven't wheeled a RWD car down the track in quite a while.

and go 13s

i just had a fully built 4r70w put in my car. my builder said the clutch looked great when he removed it---i've been at 590rwhp with drag radials since 2007. i would do the input shaft only if it, or the clutch breaks.

Ok, I won't put it back to stock then. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any problems before getting it to the dyno, but I see your point.

take it to dynotune. brian will do a couple short runs at first---3500rpms or 4000rpms to make sure your tune is not drastically off. he'll be able to tell you if you're running out of pump, injector, and/or mass air. like stated above, the car should have 60lb injectors, at least a boost a pump, and some type of mass air extender (mafx, mafia, or SCT mass air unit--the best choice).