Cobra guys

2highpsi

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just had a fully built 4r70w put in my car. my builder said the clutch looked great when he removed it---i've been at 590rwhp with drag radials since 2007. i would do the input shaft only if it, or the clutch breaks.

And you just said you barely drive the car

doesnt matter, you swapped to an auto and now I ignore you:dumb:

Get the tune time set up and you know I will be going with you if its on a Wed. We need to get it on the street and know it's a 100%. The exhaust though is still way to loud. Edited by sp00linbyu

Get the tune time set up and you know I will be going with you if its on a Wed. We need to get it soon the street and know it's a 100%. The exhaust though is still way to loud.

True story.

This exhaust is ridiculous.

What do you guys recommend for a decent sounding, but not obnoxious exhaust?

True story.

Bassani. To me, nothing sounds better.

True story.

bassani as hal stated or slp (lmII, not loudmouth). i've had MAC, bassani, and now slp on my cobra---slp sounds the best, and the quality/fitment of their systems is second to none.

And you just said you barely drive the car

doesnt matter, you swapped to an auto and now I ignore you:dumb:

anyone who knows anything about these cars, knows what a fully built, stalled auto, is capable of. to top it off, mine is fully automatic (not a full manual valvebody). for a cobra, that means a mach1 computer (since no cobras were autos), and complete rewiring of the harness, etc etc. not cheap, but definitely worth it. i have 3 other stickshift sports cars to row through the gears all i want.:lolguy:

the cobra is markedly faster with the auto, and hopefully this summer i'll have some timeslips to show for it.

Awesome, thanks.

Bassani is what I always hear about on these cars. Any reason you switched Kirk?

Also, kind of OT, but seeing as how you own a Cobra and a C6, which one do you like better? I almost went with a vette, but the fact that I have kids (that love cars as much as me) the rear seat is why I got the cobra.

I had a Mac Prochamber and Mac 3" catback on mine and thought it sounded perfect. Nice and deep, no drone, not too crazy through town but made plenty of noise wide open.

That's funny about why you chose the Cobra. My wife has been talking about having a baby constantly for the last few months, so I figured I better get my two seated out of the way while I can. In about a year when there's a mini-me around I figure I'll replace the Z06 with another Terminator or a new 5.0.

Awesome, thanks.

Bassani is what I always hear about on these cars. Any reason you switched Kirk?

Also, kind of OT, but seeing as how you own a Cobra and a C6, which one do you like better? I almost went with a vette, but the fact that I have kids (that love cars as much as me) the rear seat is why I got the cobra.

when i had the IRS in the car i first bought the MAC--it was fine, sounded great, but was not stainless, and the black paint on the piping looked like shit---the tips were polished, but i wanted the whole piping to look polished. so i bought the bassani kit from hal and polished all the tubing.

when i went solid rear, i bought the SLP kit. i have an SLP kit on my GTO, and my '85 and was thoroughly impressed with the fitment, and love the double-walled polished tips. bassani has great quality---i have the modular bassani midpipe on my car, where you can switch out the cats to straight pipes. but i feel the quality of the SLP system surpasses the bassani kit.

i actually had to get a new modular bassani midpipe with my automatic (the existing one wouldn't work). i have a stock catback, stock midpipe, modular bassani midpipe, and bassani catback all sitting in my shop (waiting to swap the IRS/6 speed/exhaust in my '85 GT).

the c6 is a completely different animal---feels 500lbs lighter (it is), and the brakes are absolutely nuts. my kids now love riding in my GTO (cobra has rear seat delete), so i'm going to have to trade the gto for something fast with 4 doors to fit 3 kids in the back

You're a surgeon, do a vasectomy. You have enough kids now:p

yeah, i'm done. i need something with at least 500hp, and a backseat big enough for 3 kids. must come with a slushbox so the wife can drive it too.

yeah, i'm done. i need something with at least 500hp, and a backseat big enough for 3 kids. must come with a slushbox so the wife can drive it too.

http://www.bugattiveyrons.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Photos.jpg

http://www.bugattiveyrons.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Photos.jpg

C Class may be a bit cramped for 3 kids IMO.

S63 for a family for sure.

I had the pleasure of driving a pre-mct C63 and I will say it's a "fun" car.

It really is a hooligan car with no practical application of power short of DR's and nice days (no lsd). The Automatic still sucked a bit, but I'm optimistic the MCT will take care of most of the complaints. Factory exhaust was killer as well.

Car has 2 modes: Traction light on dash illuminated or going sideways. :fuckyeah:

In the end the automatic and lack of AWD killed it for me though.:no:

http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2010/05/10/07/46/2010_cadillac_cts-v_6_2l_sfi-pic-4209880933280855876.jpeg

That will be your best choice. :)

http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2010/05/10/07/46/2010_cadillac_cts-v_6_2l_sfi-pic-4209880933280855876.jpeg

That will be your best choice. :)

Just look in the pics and vids section under track pics and look for Buzz's car coming out. That will take care of all of anyone's worries. 4200 pound luxury caddy rolling out.

What do you guys know about the "Killer Chiller"

Is it really as good as they make it out to be, or should I just get an upgraded heat exchanger?

i have the killer chiller and an aftermarket heat exchanger---it works better with the STOCK heat exchanger as opposed to an aftermarket one. i'd skip the aftermarket h/e and go right to the killer chiller. my inlet temps are under 100 degrees for a while, and rarely go above 110. the car pulls like crazy. i would do the killer chiller with a bigger intercooler reservoir and the stock heat exchanger.

the killer chiller is basically an air conditioning exchanger that cools your intercooler fluid to under 60 degrees. from there it goes through the heat exchanger----so if you have a bigger heat exchanger, and its warm outside, your heat exchanger will actually heat the intercooler fluid