Oldsmobile people, are there any on here?

DrOldsJunior

I am new to the site and I was wondering if there happens to be any current Oldsmobile owners on here? I am guessing if there are probably just a couple. If not Olds owners how about G-body owners (Grand National, Monte Carlo, Regal,Cutlass) Just thought I would see who is all out there.

Welcome, I still have my 79 Cutlass Supreme with a 350 and posi. It is in storage and needs to be restored. It ran great 15 years ago when I last drove it. Edited by RS69

90 Olds cutlass supreme here. HO Quad 4 5 spd with another bhg. there's a reason the odometer reads less than 85k on a 21 yr old car.

Yours sucks, I had a 91. MOre PowaHs. ;)

THere's are some Buick guys around here, too. You guys can hook up and grandpa around town together. :masturboy:

T-Type with crankwalk checking in.

Is that a common issue with those engines, cars? I've never heard of it but I'm admittedly no g-body expert.

My first car was an 87 monte carlo with a boat anchor 305. Since it was my first car and I was a dumb teenager that car is long gone. Dream cruiser, drag car is another 87 monte with lc2 and 6 speed manual.

Yours sucks, I had a 91. MOre PowaHs. ;)

so you had a w41 in yours? it doesn't sound to me like you had a cutlass supreme. maybe a calais 442, the cutlass supreme with the lgo motor and hm282 trans is beyond rare. it was an option in 1990 and theres around 200 that exist. if you had a 91 with more than 180hp stock, you had a w41 in yours, which was never a factory option, and to my knowledge doesn't exist. pics?

so you had a w41 in yours? it doesn't sound to me like you had a cutlass supreme. maybe a calais 442, the cutlass supreme with the lgo motor and hm282 trans is beyond rare. it was an option in 1990 and theres around 200 that exist. if you had a 91 with more than 180hp stock, you had a w41 in yours, which was never a factory option, and to my knowledge doesn't exist. pics?

lol That's alot of answer for me missing the "Supreme" part. However, long winded or otherwise, you are correct, sir. ;) It was not a Supreme.

lol That's alot of answer for me missing the "Supreme" part. However, long winded or otherwise, you are correct, sir. ;) It was not a Supreme.

all good buddy, just wanted to be thorough.. usually when talking about my car, people tell me it doesn't exist lol. so you had a calais? they're fun little cars for what they are.. I wouldnt mind building one for boost, they make good sleepers.

I've owned a few older ones. A 70 and 72. 455+Nitrous= Hammered Mains. 350+7000 RPM= Glorious noises. Weak Valvetrain, long rods, big bores. Stock heads with 2"/1.62" valves flow better than any OEM SBC head built.

Little Trivia Tidbit: They were all Rockets. It was not a special motor Olds built. Closest thing to being special was the Ram Rod 350's.

Little Trivia Tidbit: They were all Rockets. It was not a special motor Olds built. Closest thing to being special was the Ram Rod 350's.

Very true, What I consider special motors are the 455 hemi and the experimental engines Olds was messing with back in the day. Lots of cool stuff.

Very true, What I consider special motors are the 455 hemi and the experimental engines Olds was messing with back in the day. Lots of cool stuff.

They had a few DOHC projects that were nasty as well.

I'd like to get my hands on another diesel block, 425 crank, 60 over 440 cubes all factory parts.

They had a few DOHC projects that were nasty as well.

I'd like to get my hands on another diesel block, 425 crank, 60 over 440 cubes all factory parts.

I have a 425 motor out of a 66 Toronado that I bought earlier this year I am thinking about using some of the parts to build a 468 I believe.

I helped my best friend restore his '69 4-4-2 years ago. He's still got it but has been on the fence about selling it for about 3 years now.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230310_10150625716375651_703375650_18366849_6448201_n.jpg

Tim,

If he wants to sell it, please let me know.

Thanks,

Rick