Tressel Resigns

Allblack02

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand why hes resigning....He screwed up.....But hes still an awesome coach. I think OSU is making a mistake if they are pushing him out the door because people say they should. The big question is....WHO will take his place and what play style and coaching style will they bring?

Will they promoto from within?

I dont understand why hes resigning....He screwed up.....But hes still an awesome coach. I think OSU is making a mistake if they are pushing him out the door because people say they should. The big question is....WHO will take his place and what play style and coaching style will they bring?

Will they promoto from within?

The article I read mentioned the assistant coach taking over next year as interim. I really can't believe this. Hopefully we don't end up like Michigan....in a continuous downward spiral. I wonder what this helps our recruiting AT ALL

Rumor is SI will release a fairly major story on Tressel/OSU tomorrow. Maybe Tressel knows the other shoe is about to drop.

Major news, for sure. Now, who's to replace him? Do they stick with Fickell over the long haul? Urban Meyer's name (as mentioned already previously in this thread) has been mentioned for a while now.

Fickell has a year long job interview in my opinion to keep the job. I am sure the rumors of Stoops, Gruden and Meyer will be everywhere, just like when Cooper stepped down. Hopefully Youngstown State has a good coach this year, it worked out pretty well the last time lol.

I hate reading people over on "sports" forums, they are grilling Terrelle Pryor, there were others involved in this case, yet he is the only one getting heat. I don't think we turn into Michigan.

As much As I dislike Florida......and Urban Meyer while there, He is definatly a capable coach and I would like very much to put a successful coach in Tressels place who could grab the torch running.

That was the hardest meeting I had to sit through early this morning. I knew it was bad when I pulled into the woody and the cops had to check me in. There were only about 10-15 of us that were there cause most are out of town for the holiday. This is hard for all the guys. I still stand by him without a doubt, one of the best man I have got to know.

Rumor is SI will release a fairly major story on Tressel/OSU tomorrow. Maybe Tressel knows the other shoe is about to drop.

Major news, for sure. Now, who's to replace him? Do they stick with Fickell over the long haul? Urban Meyer's name (as mentioned already previously in this thread) has been mentioned for a while now.

The moment I heard he was resigning I thought the above bolded statement. As some of you know, I'm a big USC fan and when Carroll bailed, I knew it was the beginning of the end...

And to those couple OSU fans who kicked me when I was down... HA!

To the rest of you, sorry about your team and coach.

I'm wondering if Urban Meyer would take the job if the NCAA imposes sanctions against the University, like reduced scholarships, no chance at bowl games and such. It would be a shitty situation to walk into, also you crazy ass OSU fans would expect to win a National Championship with a team full of Michaels.