Best way to prepare a t-bone steak

Comebackkid

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before grilling make a blue-cheese garlic butter for the topping. Use butter, a tub of blue cheese crumbles, garlic powder and sea salt. The butter should not be melted. Mix all of the ingredients together using a fork to smoosh it together, then toss it back in the fridge. (I can provide exact measurements if needed, i don't have them at work). What you don't use for your dinner can be frozen and reused later.

As previously mentioned let the steaks sit until room temperature. Cover both sides of the steak with olive oil, salt and pepper. Heat grill and cook to desired temp. Grilling methods vary so use whatever you like best. After steaks are grilled top liberally with blue-cheese garlic butter you prepared earlier. Do this while its still very hot so the butter and blue-cheese melt to coat the steak. Typically a spoonful goes a long way but if you like blue-cheese then go all out. I got the recipe for this in a grilling book I found at Lowes while I was waiting to check out. It is delicious stuff.