Putnam Park HPDE Track Day – Registration Open!

theweiser1

Contract signed and deposit has officially been submitted. Our event will be live on their website within a few days.

Pricing has been reworked as well. If your one of the first 30 drivers to register the fee will be $185! Your receiving $45 off if your register early. After that the registration fee will be $230. Still cheaper than any other event on their schedule for 2011! Registration is capped 60 drivers. This event will sell out!

Check out the post on our website for your coupon code and registration link.

http://www.torquedracingsolutions.com/putnam-park-track-day-registration-open/

Hope to see you on the track!

Shawn

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOOO wanna go. I should be registering very soon :)

Awesome!

Just posted a new video to our site with an in car (Lotus Exige S) at putnam park road course.

http://www.torquedracingsolutions.com/putnam-park-track-day-registration-open/

Again. The first 30 drivers to register its only $185, after that its $230. Every club that rents the track sells out at an $250+ fee. I expect we will reach 60 drivers very fast. We are limiting it to 60 drivers so everybody gets 2+ hours of track time, just like our last event at Nelson Ledges.

http://www.torquedracingsolutions.com/nelson-ledges-track-day-recap-june-12th-2011/

Thanks,

Shawn

i will try my hardest...I have 3 people that are very solid maybes for now...a 99 civic si, a current mustang and a E30 (the last 2 were at Nelson)

Sounds good! We really had a good number of CR crew at Nelson. Its very encouraging that we had 20 drivers that had never done 1 track day before our event! Its refreshing to see people get on track for the first time and give lapping days a try.

Last year I was in group C, never had the car or the "driver" on a road course before. It really opens your eyes to how much fun you can have while learning more about your car and your skill. We had vehicles that are 100% stock. You can still have a good time and really learn a lot even with a bone stock vehicle.

Whether your an expert or someone who just wants get on track for the first time we have you covered. It can be intimidating at first, but I assure you with our instructors and group of experienced drivers you will walk away wishing you would have given these types of events a try years ago. I wish i would have, 5 years ago when i bought my car.

- Shawn

Our events, including this one, are now on the list of approved HPDE's where as you can purchase HPDE Insurance through the Lockton HPDE Insurance Program. Just wanted to let everyone know its available if you choose to purchase it. I had some interest in this last event so I went through the approval process to get our events covered.

http://www.torquedracingsolutions.com/torqued-racing-hpde-events-covered-under-the-lockton-hpde-insurance-program/

• 2 weeks later...

We just had some one register driving a Factory Five Mk III Roadster in group A... Its going to be a great event... As i mentioned a while back. Not only do I organize these events, I participate as well. I will be running with group B. As a driver/participant I put a lot focus on delivering an event that I would want to pay for and be a part of. My criteria for registering for an event include cost compared to amount of track time. I strive to ensure that our events maximize each criteria. Our events are very laid back and I make a point to talk to each and every participant and ensure their expectations are met.

I hope you will attend our first event at Putnam Park Road Course! I assure you it wont disappoint!

I hope to see you on track! I will be leaving on Thursday evening. For those that are attending from CR let me know. I should be able to get hotel discounts. Also we will be having a get together for participants at a local restaurant for participants, drinks on us! More information to follow.

I hear Putman is safe for newbs like me...

Not only safe but very fun. It was built as a test track, so every corner was designed to find the limitations of a car, not the driver. What is impressive is the way these different corners flow so well into each other. I can't stress enough what a delight this track is to run on.

Only corner to be concerned with is #10 which leads onto the front straight, only because there is a wall pretty close on corner exit. This is really not a big deal unless you are racing for a win. For an open lapping event just use good judgement through 10 and enjoy pushing you and your car in the other 95% of the track.

I'd be happy to share my track notes on Putnam for anyone interested in improving their driving skills.

Depending on how my racing season pans out, I might just show up and let everyone from CR see my tail lights:p

I spoke to Tim, the guy who brought the Dodge Viper, Ford GT and Lotus. He said most likely he will be our Putnam Event. He mentioned he may also bring a 2012 Mustang Boss Laguna Seca! There will be some awesome cars and drivers at this event. Everyone really seems to like Putnam Park.

http://media.torquedracingsolutions.com/Track-Days/Nelson-Ledges-June-2011/2011-Nelson-Ledges-June-Track/i-QhCzK9h/0/M/IMG4507-M.jpg

http://media.torquedracingsolutions.com/Track-Days/Nelson-Ledges-June-2011/2011-Nelson-Ledges-June-Track/i-RS2BbvX/0/M/IMG4515-M.jpg

http://media.torquedracingsolutions.com/Track-Days/Nelson-Ledges-June-2011/2011-Nelson-Ledges-June-Track/i-qTf7P5s/0/M/MG3272-M.jpg

Not only safe but very fun. It was built as a test track, so every corner was designed to find the limitations of a car, not the driver. What is impressive is the way these different corners flow so well into each other. I can't stress enough what a delight this track is to run on.

Only corner to be concerned with is #10 which leads onto the front straight, only because there is a wall pretty close on corner exit. This is really not a big deal unless you are racing for a win. For an open lapping event just use good judgement through 10 and enjoy pushing you and your car in the other 95% of the track.

I'd be happy to share my track notes on Putnam for anyone interested in improving their driving skills.

Depending on how my racing season pans out, I might just show up and let everyone from CR see my tail lights:p

unless you teach me so well the student shows the master a trick or two

you doing NASA next week? next month? Nationals later next month? Autobahn this weekend?

• 3 weeks later...