New Genesis R spec review on Winding road

carl1647545492

• 4 weeks later...
They will never bring out the v8 in the "Genesis coupe". The 2012 gen coupe is rumored to be a twin turbo v6.

However, talks of a v8 Eqqus coupe have come up.

According to the UK's What Car? magazine, Kia will reveal a coupe at September's Frankfurt Motor Show, styled by design boss Peter Schreyer, powered by Hyundai's V8 'Tau' engine, and riding on the Genesis Coupe's rear-wheel-drive platform.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/52086/kia-planning-v8-coupe-for-frankfurt-report

I know I'm a couple weeks late on bumping this already old-ass thread, but...

Well, we're quibbling over names and badges then. You're right that they won't want to market the Genesis against the Mustang, but rather keep it positioned across from the 370Z and the like. It will be interesting if they ultimately introduce a Kia to do their Mustang fighting for them.

Well, we're quibbling over names and badges then. You're right that they won't want to market the Genesis against the Mustang, but rather keep it positioned across from the 370Z and the like. It will be interesting if they ultimately introduce a Kia to do their Mustang fighting for them.

That kia will never make it in the us market with its current styling.

Now had they used this as their platform instead i think it would of been a big hit.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa461/BigSwede123/KiaCoupe.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa461/BigSwede123/KiaCoupe.jpg

^^ if anyone needs a new logo/badge for their cars it's Kia. Hot car though.

I think Kia and Hyundai need to rebrand their new line up of cars into something completely separate. Keep the luxury and performance aspects in one brand segment and the commuter DD'ers in the other. Toyota has Lexus, Honda Acura, now Kia and Hyundai need their high-line mix.

i agree, as hyundai and kia grow so should their badge. I think they should get away from what everyone associates them with.I have 23k miles on my car and not ONE issue anywhere.

That kia was rumored to be a 2.4l turbo diesel pushing out almost 340rwtq and 260rwhp.

I think Kia and Hyundai need to rebrand their new line up of cars into something completely separate. Keep the luxury and performance aspects in one brand segment and the commuter DD'ers in the other. Toyota has Lexus, Honda Acura, now Kia and Hyundai need their high-line mix.

Genesis and eqqus will be their luxury/performance brands. In korea the genesis coupe is known as either the genesis 200turbo or the genesis 380.

The wing badge will soon be the genesis brand emblem.