Is it Grand Theft Auto if...

Sully

FWIW, you should have called the cops right away. You should still get a couple estimates and call the cops and tell them the events up to this point. Start getting shit on the record. Years ago, my neighbors kid broke a car window with a ball. No big deal and I wasn't going after him, but I did call the cops and asked that they write up a report as it was simply CYA for me with the insurance company. My neighbor wasn't happy, but understood. I just simply explained that it is a business transaction that needs assurances for accountability. Took the cop 15 minutes and he was on his way and I had what I needed should shit hit the fan for any reason.

I give it a best case of 25% ending in your favor now. Just my opinion.

For the record, is her partner a guy? If so, take him behind that barn in your sig and kindly explain to him that if this doesn't go well, you're going to pull him behind that barn and beat his ass. If he's bang'in her, he's liable too. That's man card law. He's influencer, get him to influence or you'll have to start influencing him. He may not agree with that law, but it will make you feel better to beat someone's ass.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable that she would deny responsibility when there's clearly no one else who would've or could've taken the car.

As unfortunate as it is for her, you have to call the cops. You don't want to end up getting screwed out of money and/or time and dealing with a ton of stress by not getting everything official up front. You have shown incredible compassion and patience and given her multiple opportunities to do the right thing.

If the opportunity arises for her to get away from you and this without paying anything, even if it harms you more, she's going to do it. She has shown a willingness to screw you over when she has a lot to lose by doing so, what makes you think she won't screw you over when she potentially gains by washing her hands of you.

Exactly how many drugs is your aunt addicted to?

Fairly immaterial question, but I'm curious nonetheless.

The 1 gallon ziplock bag that I handed her was full of medicine bottles.

No.

So is her partner "the man" in the relationship :masturboy: If so, just make sure you can beat her up still. The man card allows hitting the implied male of a this type of relationship. :gabe: Your man card will be permanently revoked if she kicks your ass.

So is her partner "the man" in the relationship :masturboy: If so, just make sure you can beat her up still. The man card allows hitting the implied male of a this type of relationship. :gabe: Your man card will be permanently revoked if she kicks your ass.

his aunt is 55, on probation, stole his car. I'm pretty sure we know who wears the pants in that relationship.

his aunt is 55, on probation, stole his car. I'm pretty sure we know who wears the pants in that relationship.

You would be correct. Her partner switched teams after she got divorced.

Anyway, I have an appointment at 4pm to get an estimate. Can't wait to find out how much this is going to cost.

"I didn't do it but I'll pay for it anyway"

God that would piss me off.

You have no clue how hard it was not to punch her in the face. She looked me square in the eyes and lied.

Oh, and to top it off, she asked me which day it was last week. I told her it didn't matter; she did it, she needs to pay for it. During the conversation last night, she put a LOT of emphasis on Tuesday night. I found out today that it was, in fact, Tuesday night. She took the trash out and then took the car out for a hit and spin.

The bumper cover cannot be repaired. It has to be replaced. $1,159.02

She said that they are now contacting their insurance company. I have once again asked for the agreement letter, signed and 3rd party witnessed, to be provided to me by end of day on Sunday.

The bumper cover cannot be repaired. It has to be replaced. $1,159.02

She said that they are now contacting their insurance company. I have once again asked for the agreement letter, signed and 3rd party witnessed, to be provided to me by end of day on Sunday.

Uh, Bruh you are going to need to draw up that letter.

Uh, Bruh you are going to need to draw up that letter.

Why? What does it matter who draws it up? As long as it's typed out, signed, witnessed, that should be all that matters, right?