Wow Cable

96blkform

We are going to be moving into a new house this weekend. Need to set up internet and cable. We currently have COX internet and it has been great along with Directv. Getting rid of Directv and COX is not in the area we are moving to. Just found out that WOW is now in the area. It is either between TW and WOW. My inlaws have TW and have had quite a few problems with it, namely their internet. WOW seems really nicely priced, looking at the Digital Value Cable and Xtreme 8Mbps which says $91 or so a month.

My question is they are relatively new to the area and wanted to know what your feedback is. I am in Cleveland and know they are in quite a lot of areas in Columbus. For the price it looks great. Will probably be looking at an HD DVR and one other HD reciever, not sure on how much that would change the price. With COX we had to purchase the cable modem, not sure if we could use it with WOW. Right now we pay $94 for Directv and $40 for our internet.

They both suck. If wow didn't have such crappy dvrs then they would be fine. Time Warner is overpriced

TW DVRs are junk too. If you can get ahold of the cisco ones they are speedier, but the software is still all junk. Uverse has the best software for set top boxes that I've seen so far (IPTV FTW)

They both suck. If wow didn't have such crappy dvrs then they would be fine. Time Warner is overpriced

I thoughthey were upgrading the DVRs in the late summer/early fall when they were do e with the all digital upgrade

We have had wow for almost 9 years now. Very happy with our service.

We have TiVo and only used the wow DVr for a month and yes it's quite awful, especially if you are used to TiVo.

Wow internet has been nothing but problems for me for the last several months, and customer support has done absoloutely dick to fix the issue. i randomly get page loading errors about every 25 mins im on the internet, then 10 mins later it will start working again. I see uverse in my near future.

/rant

Wow internet has been nothing but problems for me for the last several months, and customer support has done absoloutely dick to fix the issue. i randomly get page loading errors about every 25 mins im on the internet, then 10 mins later it will start working again. I see uverse in my near future.

/rant

That could be your router too, unless you've tested without it.

I have tested without it.

Then why don't you ask for a service call to fix your issues?

I thoughthey were upgrading the DVRs in the late summer/early fall when they were do e with the all digital upgrade

There are a number of new things coming this year. All digital + doubling the HD lineup was only part oif it. :)

My biggest gripe is the annoying emergency system, my gawd they have to fix that damn thing.

Kind of a gov't required thing. You should see Time Warner's...it could not be any louder or more intrusive if they tried.

My question is they are relatively new to the area and wanted to know what your feedback is. I am in Cleveland and know they are in quite a lot of areas in Columbus. For the price it looks great. Will probably be looking at an HD DVR and one other HD reciever, not sure on how much that would change the price. With COX we had to purchase the cable modem, not sure if we could use it with WOW. Right now we pay $94 for Directv and $40 for our internet.

PM me your address and phone number, I can likely get you a better price than the call center. You should be able to use the modem you purchased as well.

I've got WOW, GF has TW. Her brand new HD DVR box is the biggest POS on the planet. It takes like 15 mins to boot up if it loses power, a good 30 seconds to "wake up" if you haven't pressed a button in a while (like if you're watching a show), and if you pause an on-demand program for more than 30 seconds it exits to the OD menu and starts blaring adverts/OD previews. Drives me insane!

That said, TW has a MUCH better selection of on-demand programming.

Providers seem to vary based on the area. For example, I have roadrunner cable internet through TW and I've had very few problems over the years. A friend of mine in Hilliard has WoW cable and they regularly have problems with it.

Cable TV just sucks. No two ways about it. If you cn't get DirecTV at your new location because of something blocking the signal, get a chainsaw and start cutting. Anything to keep from having to deal with Cable TV and their just plain awful DVR boxes.

/rant

I have the exact same issues.

They have been here three times to 'fix' it and have replaced everything from the router to redoing the line.

I'm just too busy to switch providers.

And the guide to the tv looks like it was designed in 1994.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

PM me your address and phone number, I can likely get you a better price than the call center. You should be able to use the modem you purchased as well.

That would be great Joe. Will PM you the info later this week. We are closing on Friday and want to make sure it all runs smoothly.