bar end mirror help?

badgerfan

I bought bar end mirrors for my CBR600RR. I wanted to take the big mirrors off for a different look. The mirrors come with adaptors that plug in and expand.

I take the bar ends off and there is a threaded insert filling up the bar. How do these mirrors work then? Does the threaded piece come out somehow?

I tried just getting a longer bolt to put the right mirror on the end of the bar end, but it's loose and the wind moves it. The left one I could just crank down on and that is pretty solid in the wind because that one is in between the grip and the bar end. I can't do that on the right side because the throttle moves the mirror.

what obvious point am I missing here?:confused:

the threaded piece is EXTREMELY hard to get out!, take your throttle assembly off and look at how it snaps in.

F that. I think that is such a pain to take the throttle apart just for the mirror. I was really hoping there was another way. If there isn't, they go on the other bike then. Oh well. thanks.

What kind of bar end mirror is it? If you can snap a quick pic of the bar end and maybe we can figure this out. I have CRG's on my bike and they are pretty cut and dry to install.

I tried to upload a pic but for some reason it won't happen.

It's just a generic brand but it's pretty straight forward how they want you to install it. There is a expanding insert that is controlled by a screw. But unless the threaded insert (that holds the bar end) inside the bar comes out, the mirror insert can't fit in.