Reverse lock out on a T56, need ideas.

Last_in

Drove my v1p0r spec T56 swapped Dakota yesterday after I got it all done. One problem that I found out, since the Viper uses the rear mount shifter, the reverse lock-out solenoid is back there, not on the front mount. I have the forward mount so it looks like a factory install. I already have a relay wired up, found a switched 12v source and the brake pedal switch circuit to control the reverse lock out. Everything works, you can hear it work, but it doesn't really work. Due to the forward mount being used.

Move the solenoid to the front you say? The sift rod and mechanism have been modified to use that shifter in the forward mount, so it probably wouldn't work with my current shift position.

Any ideas of reverse lock out for my setup. Is there a plate or somehting, that would lockout reverse, that would set on top of the transmission. Kind of like gates? If not I could probably make one in Solidworks or Unigraphics and have it made.

Thanks for any ideas! I can still drive it, I just won't let anyone else unit I have some kind of reverse lock out.

Edited by Friel