Stock market FUUUUUUUUUUU

AWW$HEEET

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an old SIRI trader, last time I bought was at 0.40 and still holding onto that lot. I was actually thinking of getting some more. The technicals indicate that its about to move up some more so unless world events cause us grief it should be good to go for awhile. I did just add 10,000 shares in my test account, we'll see how it goes in the coming weeks.

What do some of you think about SIRI over the next say 5 years. Myself I'm kind of expecting it to move up into maybe 3-4 dollar range and by then if they don't make a serious overhaul of their technology I see them fading into history. SIRIUS 2.0 was a huge let down with ideas and technology that was surpassed by cell phones and other devices.

I think siri has some more upward potential. I'm at about 6% profit now so I set a stop loss order. Its financials and technicals are starting to look like a real company.

Reports are saying <> 2.50 per share, but thats always a guess and not a good indicator. It really depends on world/national news, and in the case of siri the automotive industry which is recovering.

My stop loss popped me out at about 5% profit on 10K shares so not bad for three days.

Another company I've been watching for a few years has been Iridium Satellite Communications Co. (IRDM) They had a really bad startup just before the tech bubble, went bankrupt and are now back and not looking bad.

GlobalStar is another in the same industry, but its a penny stock, financials don't look good, its got potential, but at this time is extreme risk.

Recently I've been watching them closely and will be trading them on my test account for sure and possibly real money.

I've been thinking of starting a CR trading game on investopedia.com I use one of their open games as a test account.

I guess I'll gauge interest here and if it looks like people want in, we'll set up a start/end date and see how it goes. That way we can restart, (ie every 3 months.)

I've been thinking of starting a CR trading game on investopedia.com I use one of their open games as a test account.

I guess I'll gauge interest here and if it looks like people want in, we'll set up a start/end date and see how it goes. That way we can restart, (ie every 3 months.)

If you enable options I'm in.

I don't really follow the paranoia...errr....i mean precious metal market too much. :D

No, I bought my gold over the last ten years or so. I buy an oz every other month. So I had some saved up. That was my "retirement plan". I was hoping gold would hit $2k so I can cash out. But today was just a weird day, gold dropped almost $100.

Edited by Forrest Gump 9

• 2 weeks later...
If you bought apple when it was under 100 a share, be prepared to be a millionaire soon. I wouldnt be surprised when the new macbook airs refresh this year along with the new iphone 5, to reach 850+

I read a report about how 75% of retailers plan to move on using the iPad for Point of Sale and other uses. How they come up with that #, who knows? My self, I will stay with it to see what the i5 brings.

I use Google finance to track my stocks and other info. Anyone else use that, or something else?

HUSA-DescriptionHouston American Energy Corp. (Houston American) is an oil and gas exploration and production company. The Company’s oil and gas exploration and production activities are focused on development of concessions in the South American country of Colombia and development of properties in the United States onshore Gulf Coast Region, Texas and Louisiana. Its exploration projects are focused on existing property interests and acquisition of additional property interests, in South America, particularly Colombia, and in the onshore Texas Gulf Coast region and Louisiana. In the United States, Houston American’s properties and operations are located in the on-shore Gulf Coast region of Louisiana and Texas. In Colombia, the Company’s properties include Hupecol Prospects, SK Energy Prospect and Shona Energy Prospect. During the year ended December 31, 2009, the Company acquired an additional Technical Evaluation Area (TEA) in the Caguan Putumayo Basin, which is also operated by Hupecol.

Officers and directorsJohn F. Terwilliger Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive Officer Age: 64

James J. Jacobs Chief Financial Officer Age: 34

Kenneth Jeffers Senior Vice President - Exploration Age: 51

Stephen Hartzell Lead Independent Director Age: 57

Orrie Lee Tawes III Director Age: 63

John Boylan Independent Director Age: 44

Mr. John F. Terwilliger is Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive Officer of Houston American Energy Corp., since April 2001. Mr. Terwilliger has served as Chairman, President, Chief Executive Officer since inception in April 2001. On April 9, 2002, Moose Oil & Gas Company and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Moose Operating Co., Inc., filed a bankruptcy petition under Chapter 7 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in Cause No. 02-33891-H507: 02-22892, in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division. At the time of the filing of the bankruptcy petition, Mr. Terwilliger was the chairman of the board and president of both Moose Oil & Gas Company and Moose Operating Co., Inc. Mr. Terwilliger resigned those positions on April 9, 2002.

How this reads to me with 5 minutes of reading is, Bombed out once already, might be doing it again. Look at Donald Trump though. Tempted to pick some up though.

Stock was at $20+ a share in last 12 months and now at $5+

A quick search on Studio one showed no info. ?????

NUS is a body care product company. Things like that are a luxury item and I don't invest in something like that.

On another note. A P P L (muther fuckin) E. Can you say $600 a share?

Read a write up last night that was saying, by the end of 2015 this stock could be at $1850 a share. It went of for 4 pages about why they think this, and about Apple products. Interesting read that I would have linked, but the computer would not load CR for me to do it(slow net here). Now I'm on a different computer and can't find the artical.

FYI, I am looing for a company to invest in with shares in the $5 range. HUSA is an interest to follow for me. But would like to see what anyone else has to offer.