Stock market FUUUUUUUUUUU

AWW$HEEET

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you guys pick stocks? I typically stick with stuff I know via watching it's movement in a simulator I've used for years before I put real money on it. Then I watch technicals such as macd and stoastic(sp?) For good in and out points. Typically I just swing trade, sometimes I pull day trades but rarely.

I also have some dividend earning long term positions that I add to when prices are good.

How do you guys pick stocks? I typically stick with stuff I know via watching it's movement in a simulator I've used for years before I put real money on it. Then I watch technicals such as macd and stoastic(sp?) For good in and out points. Typically I just swing trade, sometimes I pull day trades but rarely.

mostly technical bronalysis. just watching and feeling it out, kinda dumb. i should keep technical charts. i go off of good fundamentals too. if i think its cheap, i buy.

I also have some dividend earning long term positions that I add to when prices are good.

yeah i have separate accounts for different strategies. my main holding account is dividend stocks that i add on to positions if the price is less then my average. and mutual funds that i only buy on red days.

swing account for shorts, options and quick in and out trades(scalp) and some ETF trading

then ofcourse 401k and roth which is mostly mutual, target and specialty funds

its hard to look longterm when you have days like this. i badly wanna sell my Alcoa i bought a few days ago for 10.13, and petrobras around 23.

i just dont see the point, stock has to double before it hits 52wk high so growth is there and aa has a decent dividend to boot.

I'm still all out. I'll just close more loans until Europe decided to dump Greece. Then I'll go back in to what made me money before- LVS

+1 on LVS. Easy 10-20%+ return everytime it goes below $40. I was playing around with it back in the $2-10 range, sure wish I would have stayed in it.

Thing to member in this market even though sometimes it feels like more profit can be earned is "plan the trade and trade the plan". Sometimes you will miss more profit if you'd held another 6 business hours or whatever, but you can just as easily have something stupid come out in the news and get set back.

Its way to volatile to use stop loss orders right now IMO, but I am in a job where I can watch things very tightly and can have an order executed within seconds of making a decision.

This shits crazy. Just started 'investing' less than a month ago in some pretty basic funds. Just a place to park our money where it shouldn't lose real value like it was sitting in savings. Up 3% in 3.5 weeks. You won't see that in a year in any savings account. I can't believe we had all of our money sitting like that for as long as we did. Although we bought at a lower point (hopefully) so if we would have invested sooner these gains would just be a recovery from losses.

I've not the stomach nor the time to do what you guys are doing though!

stocks were fairly cheap 3 weeks ago so what you are seeing is a small piece of a bigger picture. yesterdays rip was is not indicative of how things will continue to evolve. you'll probably see some days and wonder what you are doing in the market. just hold long and you'll be ok with well known companies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They used to call bud "old faithful" before they got purchased by that european company. Hopefully they fall into a nice pattern again.

Scotts (SMG) is a good six to twelve month hold right now for anyone not wanting huge risk. They should are a seasonal stock and are down right now. So should make a nice ten to twenty percent gain in late spring or summer.