Stock market FUUUUUUUUUUU

AWW$HEEET

I think the biggest news from Apple is that they announced a dividend. Good or bad, that's a great way to get paid while holding onto the stock.

Take a look at VNTV...Vantiv is the spinoff of FTPS (Fifth Third Processing Solutions). $17 IPO today...one of the largest credit card processors in the country. I'm slightly biased as I have been a 5/3 employee for a number of years, but this is a stock to watch! :)

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple is just like any other bubble. Wait til hipsters stop caring.

or all the mutual funds stop buying @ market price.. Almost every small and midcap mutual fund now owns AAPL. Everyone will be holding the bag at some point unless you take profits sooner then later. Dividend payments will crush the market cap. AS AAPL’s market cap declines, so does the allocation in cap-weighted indexes. Regardless whether that decline is driven by a change in investor sentiment towards the company or a special distribution of cash. Apple would be worth less if it were to suddenly shed tens of billions in market cap, so it would be reflected in index weightings. A dividend could result in ETF investors owning significantly less AAPL in their portfolios than they do now, effectively transferring that value to cash and the weightings within ETFs to other securities.

talks of a 50$ dividend will payout 70 billion of their 100 billion in cash.

or all the mutual funds stop buying @ market price.. Almost every small and midcap mutual fund now owns AAPL. Everyone will be holding the bag at some point unless you take profits sooner then later. Dividend payments will crush the market cap. AS AAPL’s market cap declines, so does the allocation in cap-weighted indexes. Regardless whether that decline is driven by a change in investor sentiment towards the company or a special distribution of cash. Apple would be worth less if it were to suddenly shed tens of billions in market cap, so it would be reflected in index weightings. A dividend could result in ETF investors owning significantly less AAPL in their portfolios than they do now, effectively transferring that value to cash and the weightings within ETFs to other securities.

talks of a 50$ dividend will payout 70 billion of their 100 billion in cash.

Market cap = shares outstanding x share price.

Cash reserves have nothing to do with market cap

And where did you hear $50 dividend? That would be a damn near 8% yield and I haven't heard anything even close to that.....

Market cap = shares outstanding x share price.

Cash reserves have nothing to do with market cap

And where did you hear $50 dividend? That would be a damn near 8% yield and I haven't heard anything even close to that.....

Typically the share price is based off Earnings per Share and shows how profitable a company is. This number is calculated by subtracting the dividends of a certain stock from the company's net income, and then dividing that number by the number of outstanding shares. This is probably the most important factor in determining the price of a share of stock.

believe i read 50$ in an article on WSJ Monday but ive seen all kinds of diff #'s

Typically the share price is based off Earnings per Share and shows how profitable a company is. This number is calculated by subtracting the dividends of a certain stock from the company's net income, and then dividing that number by the number of outstanding shares. This is probably the most important factor in determining the price of a share of stock.

believe i read 50$ in an article on WSJ Monday but ive seen all kinds of diff #'s

I don't even know where to start.

The anticipated dividend is $2.65 quarterly.... so $10.60 annually. (about 1/5th of what you are thinking)

You are on the right track of thinking that EPS is important,... but it far from the sole driving factor.

Have you ever seen a company listed with EPS = N/A.... That means the company doesn't turn a profit,.... however they still have value.

Take SIRI for example. Not long ago the company had no EPS, yet still had a market Capitalization of over 4 Billion (closer to 8 billion now).

I know where you are coming from on a theoretical basis though.

Anyone ever own stock with a company that filed chapter 11 and the stock was locked from trading? WAMUQ?

These stocks usually change to a different symbol and trade their way to 0.

Take the old GM for example. The old GM shares turned into MTLQQ and dove into oblivian.

New share's of GM were created thad had NOTHING to do with old shares.

Common stock share holders are the LAST to be repaid during a bankruptcy, and lets face it,... if a company goes BK they are not liquid enough to pay back shareholders.... if they were, they wouldnt be in BK in the first place

Here's a question then. How would one go about learning ( from entry level, no real knowledge at all ) how to do stocks? Basic ideas and whatnot. I'm sure there are websites out there on it but from what I've seen, seems like most of them are promoting THEIR method of doing it, not really basic education on it.

Here's a question then. How would one go about learning ( from entry level, no real knowledge at all ) how to do stocks? Basic ideas and whatnot. I'm sure there are websites out there on it but from what I've seen, seems like most of them are promoting THEIR method of doing it, not really basic education on it.

investopedia.com is a good start to learn the essentials, and try your own methods via simulator.

Start doing it on your own, watching some of the cnbc shows on it (fast money, mad money, after the bell, etc). Do simulators, read the news alot, subscribe to a good publication, etc.

Its really about getting yourself in it really. To do it takes a fair amount of time.

what do you guys think of SNPK. just to play around i dumped a couple hundred into it and its been doing awesome. but i think its going to peak real soon and then drop off fast

Pump and dump trash.

I'm not saying there isn't money to be made on the garbage places like "awesomepennystocks.com" pushes. I'm just saying you need to get in and out fast.

Pump and dump trash.

I'm not saying there isn't money to be made on the garbage places like "awesomepennystocks.com" pushes. I'm just saying you need to get in and out fast.

thats what i am thinking but this company. but its looking pretty promising, just began distributing its exclusive shit to major retailers and is about to air its own commercials. do you think i should get out sooner than later or hold on to it for a little longer. it was kinda floating at 50-60 cents for a week or two and today it shot up to over 90cents.

thats what i am thinking but this company. but its looking pretty promising, just began distributing its exclusive shit to major retailers and is about to air its own commercials. do you think i should get out sooner than later or hold on to it for a little longer. it was kinda floating at 50-60 cents for a week or two and today it shot up to over 90cents.

Have you ever seen boiler room?

SNPK really reminds me of that bullshit pharma stock they slammed everyone in. :lol:

I could be wrong, and it could be the next PFE. I just get that feeling that I'm looking at a fake Rolex. Sounds and looks good. But I know in six months its just gonna be a worthless piece of shit.

• 1 month later...
what do you guys think of SNPK. just to play around i dumped a couple hundred into it and its been doing awesome. but i think its going to peak real soon and then drop off fast

Have you ever seen boiler room?

SNPK really reminds me of that bullshit pharma stock they slammed everyone in. :lol:

I could be wrong, and it could be the next PFE. I just get that feeling that I'm looking at a fake Rolex. Sounds and looks good. But I know in six months its just gonna be a worthless piece of shit.

UPDATE: SNPK is down like 90% from a month ago. :lolguy: