Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh... Weeden did the baseball thing. Think Weinke did too? Then Moeller has had his injury shit (he's only like 24-25 though right?). Of course Bauserman is 26 or so. Then OSU has had Barclay and Pretorius as old ass kickers (soccer and South African being their excuses...lol). This Henry guy, his excuse... he was in prison until 2007. :lolguy:

This Oregon team probably isn't as good as their team last year and the team that they had last year that played in the national title game, IMO, wasn't as good as the team OSU faced in the Rose Bowl. If Oregon had Blount or even just Masoli against Auburn last year they win that game.

its the same damd team doing the same thing they did last year. the only team that could hold them is the best defense in all of football. everyone else is getting rolled on by oregon. they didnt play anyone with a defense like that during 2010 until auburn and they got stone walled as well. oregon gets better and better every year, thomas is more efficent and a better passer than massoli. he isnt as elusive but the team looks so much smoother with him back there. you guys have to give that argument up though, it was 3 years ago. honestly 3 years ago osu was way better than they are now. lets attempt to live in the now or we will turn into notre dame.

Phil all you heard about leading into that OSU/Oregon game was how fast Oregon was, just like last year they were so fast. Then they faced a team outside the Pac12 and got smacked around and suddenly they didnt look so fast anymore. They are entertaining to watch I will give you that, I just don't think they are a serious contender. Stanford is done they will be in the Rose Bowl playing Wisky or Michigan State. That might be a matchup that the Big10 can actually win. As good as Luck is, his WR's are not.

Who ya got this week?

#21 Penn State vs Ohio State (senior day in the shoe, PSU doesn't win in Cbus often. I think its 1 or 2 victories ever)

#16 Nebraska vs #18 Michigan

USC at #4 Oregon (This is my upset pick! USC is a very silten 8-1 this year)

#5 Oklahoma vs #22 Baylor

#13 Kansas State vs #23 Texas

Outside of that its a pretty boring weekend. Alabama is playing powerhours Georgia Southen and South Carolina is playing Citadel, so much for that brutal SEC schedule lol.

o state > penn st

michigan> nebraska

oregon>usc ( by 15) usc lost to stanford in a nail biter, oregon wore stanford out.....

oklahoma>baylor ( i love watching griffen, underrated imo)

texas> k state(idk why, i think im just hoping they can salvage somthing)

RG3 has fallen off the map in terms of media coverage. He went from Heisman hopefull to who?

BTW Phil it was 2 years ago, 2010-2012..thats 2 years ;) Regardless I think Oregon has already been exposed that against good defenses they aren't that amazing, like you said LSU handled them.

Back to BCS talk for a second, What happens if LSU loses to Arkansas and Oklahoma State loses to Oklahoma? I'm not a fan of a playoff system as I actually enjoy watching the 28 or so bowl games that are played, but this would be one of the most controversial years if these 2 things were to happen. \

RG3 has fallen off the map in terms of media coverage. He went from Heisman hopefull to who?

BTW Phil it was 2 years ago, 2010-2012..thats 2 years ;) Regardless I think Oregon has already been exposed that against good defenses they aren't that amazing, like you said LSU handled them.

Back to BCS talk for a second, What happens if LSU loses to Arkansas and Oklahoma State loses to Oklahoma? I'm not a fan of a playoff system as I actually enjoy watching the 28 or so bowl games that are played, but this would be one of the most controversial years if these 2 things were to happen. \

2009/2010 season. you know what i mean jerk lol. and if that happens there would be a huge problem, cause you cannot drop lsu under bama or oregon so the farthest they can fall is 3, and if 2 loses that would place them back at 2 (by theory), but that wont happen cause the bcs is a joke. i hate watching 50 million meaningless games when we could be watching 7 meaningful games.

cause the bcs is a joke.

+ a bunch

I think I didn't mind the BCS so much before because Ohio State has done so well in the system lately. Now that I'm not caught up in all of that homerism, I can see how stupid the BCS is. Can you imagine if teams in the NFL were placed in Super Bowl based on preseason rankings???

agreed. travis did say he tried out for OSU and said he was the first to not be selected. of course he is also a model, a state karate champ, motocross champion, and professional soccer player.

:gabe:

Apparently he is now part of the professional Hyperlite wakeboarding team

He also got pwned on an SB5 debate by my friend Lori on his wall last week :gabe:

Hehe figured i'd spread the shit giving Phil.

I don't mind the BCS, there has been only 1 maybe 2 years where I didnt agree with it. The big one was when undefeated Auburn was left out, but outside of that it usually works its self out and the best team in the country wins the NCG.

I do hate preseason rankings ,but without them how else would they be able to hype the hell out of games. I mean Oklahoma State vs Oklahoma doesn't sound that great, #2 Oklahoma State vs #5 Oklahoma, now that draws some attention (if this was preseason hypothetically). I think rankings shouldn't come out until week 5 or so, but again they need them in order to draw ratings.

You wanna talk about dumb rankings, how about crowning national champions in highschool sports. How the fuck do you do that?

The big one was when undefeated Auburn was left out, but outside of that it usually works its self out and the best team in the country wins the NCG.

It's hard for me to comprehend that, at one time in the history of college football, we did not always kneel at the feet of the SEC gods.

Can you imagine an undefeated SEC team being left of out the NC game today? Fucking apocalypse.

It's hard for me to comprehend that, at one time in the history of college football, we did not always kneel at the feet of the SEC gods.

Can you imagine an undefeated SEC team being left of out the NC game today? Fucking apocalypse.

Mark May's inflated head would explode.