Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

It's hard for me to comprehend that, at one time in the history of college football, we did not always kneel at the feet of the SEC gods.

Can you imagine an undefeated SEC team being left of out the NC game today? Fucking apocalypse.

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/roryworldwide/GIFS/crazy.gif

lets get this straight, right now..... as long as espn has their say, an unbeaten sec team will trump the president. idc if fla played every bad team in the sec, its still going to be hyped up as a death schedule.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, usually, but not always. USC in 2008 and Ohio State in 1998 comes to mind.

Ohio State lost to Michigan State at home in 98...that kind killed that argument. I still cringe at the though of Dee Miller slipping. Tennesee had a 13-0 record and Florida State was absolutely loaded that year. So in the end it did work out **Edited because I had a major brain fart**

2008 USC lost to Oregon State...I remember that game as it was a thursday night game on ESPN. That is the year you didn't want to play on ESPN's Thursday night football as damn near everyone favored in those games lost. They may have been the best team that year, but losing to Oregon State kind of killed their argument. I wouldve rather watched USC vs Florida in the NCG as Oklahoma got bombed by UF

The reason there wasn't such a complaint about Auburn being left out by ESEC was because they at the time were slobbering all over USC's dicks. However Aurburn iirc didn't even play in that years conference championship game becasue Florida was undefeated as well in the SEC East (they somehow didn't play one another that year) and Florida lost to Bama in that game. So you had a 13-0 Auburn team who was complaining, but didn't have enough to stand on.

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Ohio State lost to Michigan State at home in 98...that kind killed that argument. I still cringe at the though of Dee Miller slipping. Tennesee had some guy named Peyton Manning and a 13-0 record and Florida State was absolutely loaded that year. So in the end it did work out

2008 USC lost to Oregon State...I remember that game as it was a thursday night game on ESPN. That is the year you didn't want to play on ESPN's Thursday night football as damn near everyone favored in those games lost.

The reason there wasn't such a complaint about Auburn being left out by ESEC was because they at the time were slobbering all over USC's dicks. However Aurburn iirc didn't even play in that years conference championship game becasue Florida was undefeated as well in the SEC East (they somehow didn't play one another that year) and Florida lost to Bama in that game. So you had a 13-0 Auburn team who was complaining, but didn't have enough to stand on.

Uh, Tennessee won the championship in 1998, and Peyton Manning never won a national championship, so fairly sure he wasn't on that team.

I'm also fairly certain that Ohio State would have curb stomped either Tennessee or Florida State that year, and I'm fairly certain that USC would have beaten the eventual champ in 2008. Just because Ohio State and USC lost to some pedestrian teams doesn't mean they weren't the best teams that year, it just means they didn't have the best record.

So, no, it didn't work out.

Fail I forgot 98 Tennesee was without Manning, doh!!!! They had a black qb that year, his name is escaping me right now. OSU was loaded in 98, i'll agree with that. I just don't see a major issue with the BCS when its usually 2 undefeated teams playing in the NCG. I don't see how a playoff would be any better. There would always be an argument of "well if we was the #1 seed we wouldn't have had to play such and such" not to mention where do you cut it off as to who gets in the playoffs? Hell look at the standings right now and tell me where the cut off point is at, is it 12? Well then you have an issue right there because the 12th ranked team is a 2 loss team. There are 8 other 2 loss teams in the top 25, how do you explain to them that their 2 losses are worse then South Carolinas? Do you make it an 8 team playoff? Well again how do you tell team #9 that thier equal record just isn't good enough...see what I mean. There will always be some way for a team and its fans to compalin lol.

Auburn being left out by ESEC was because they at the time were slobbering all over USC's dicks. However Aurburn iirc didn't even play in that years conference championship game becasue Florida was undefeated as well in the SEC East (they somehow didn't play one another that year) and Florida lost to Bama in that game. So you had a 13-0 Auburn team who was complaining, but didn't have enough to stand on.

Auburn is in the SEC West. They played Tennessee in the SEC title game the year they went undefeated. Florida and Bama were relatively mediocre SEC teams at that point in time.

Well thats 2 fails from me lmfao!!! I thought that they didn't play in the conference championship game or some shit like that, thus the reason they was the odd man out. Regardless that is the 1 year where an argument could've been legitimately made. Outside of that I still feel it has worked its self out in the end year in and year out

Fail I forgot 98 Tennesee was without Manning, doh!!!! They had a black qb that year, his name is escaping me right now. OSU was loaded in 98, i'll agree with that. I just don't see a major issue with the BCS when its usually 2 undefeated teams playing in the NCG. I don't see how a playoff would be any better. There would always be an argument of "well if we was the #1 seed we wouldn't have had to play such and such" not to mention where do you cut it off as to who gets in the playoffs? Hell look at the standings right now and tell me where the cut off point is at, is it 12? Well then you have an issue right there because the 12th ranked team is a 2 loss team. There are 8 other 2 loss teams in the top 25, how do you explain to them that their 2 losses are worse then South Carolinas? Do you make it an 8 team playoff? Well again how do you tell team #9 that thier equal record just isn't good enough...see what I mean. There will always be some way for a team and its fans to compalin lol.

8 team playoff. the bcs can keep there auto bids. I.E, big east(1),big ten(1), sec(1), big 12(1), pac 12 (1) acc(1)....and 2 wild card teams.highest ranked 2 teams.the highest ranked two teams aka the wild card teams would be the 7 and 8 seed. could you imagine, lsu is number 1, and bama at 3 is the wild card :lol. lets just for craps say oklahoma beats okstate, and wins the big 12, but okstate is ranked 9th. how would you like to see ok state vs lsu in the first round. and use those bcs bowl games as how to match up the first rounders. rose bowl, big ten champ vs pac 12 champ ect ect ect. i would call off that entire post season just to marinate in the greatness of disaster.

8 team playoff. the bcs can keep there auto bids. I.E, big east(1),big ten(1), sec(1), big 12(1), pac 12 (1) acc(1)....and 2 wild card teams.highest ranked 2 teams.the highest ranked two teams aka the wild card teams would be the 7 and 8 seed. could you imagine, lsu is number 1, and bama at 3 is the wild card :lol. lets just for craps say oklahoma beats okstate, and wins the big 12, but okstate is ranked 9th. how would you like to see ok state vs lsu in the first round. and use those bcs bowl games as how to match up the first rounders. rose bowl, big ten champ vs pac 12 champ ect ect ect. i would call off that entire post season just to marinate in the greatness of disaster.

Could be a good idea, however you'd have teams like Boise and Houston (this year) that go undefeated but would be left out cause they are not in an elite conference...Not to mention do you really think ESEC would allow only 1 SEC team in the playoff? Cmon son they have way too much time and money wrapped up in the SEC for that to happen, same with CBS. So you are now down to 1 at large spot. What happens when 2nd place in the Pac12 say (Oregon), Big12 (1 loss Oklahoma State) and Big 10 (we'll use Wisconsin) are all 1 loss teams, 2 of those schools get left out...

Could be a good idea, however you'd have teams like Boise and Houston (this year) that go undefeated but would be left out cause they are not in an elite conference...Not to mention do you really think ESEC would allow only 1 SEC team in the playoff? Cmon son they have way too much time and money wrapped up in the SEC for that to happen, same with CBS. So you are now down to 1 at large spot. What happens when 2nd place in the Pac12 say (Oregon), Big12 (1 loss Oklahoma State) and Big 10 (we'll use Wisconsin) are all 1 loss teams, 2 of those schools get left out...

boise st lost. :) dick

Tee Martin (spelling?)

these links aren't jokes, not sure if they were posted in here, but interesting reads about the Penn St. situation:

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2011/11/11/da-involved-in-penn-state-pedophile-scandal-missing-since-2005/

http://truthfrequencynews.com/?p=20559

Edited by SinisterSS

I'm totally down for this. And I'd say that we shouldn't start the rankings for the wild card teams until mid-season (i.e., no pre-season polls).

Tee Martin (spelling?)

these links aren't jokes, not sure if they were posted in here, but interesting reads about the Penn St. situation:

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2011/11/11/da-involved-in-penn-state-pedophile-scandal-missing-since-2005/

http://truthfrequencynews.com/?p=20559

i really wonder what that DA knew. too odd that he just "disappeared", there are too many weird coincidences.

he could be half a world a way with millions of penn state cover up dollars for all we know.

i really wonder what that DA knew. too odd that he just "disappeared", there are too many weird coincidences.

he could be half a world a way with millions of penn state cover up dollars for all we know.

very true but he obviously found something, the other link I posted goes deep into the circle with high power officials being named, if that's true who do you trust anymore?

very true but he obviously found something, the other link I posted goes deep into the circle with high power officials being named, if that's true who do you trust anymore?

some of those connections seem a bit far fetched, but the truth is that the DA is gone. obviously great care was taken to "get rid" of his hard drive, obviously pre-meditated either by himself, or someone else.

i think this will only get more interesting as time goes on. the sickest part is sandusky is now out on bail. so lets get this straight:

• joe pa gets fired for not reporting heresay (he could have construed it that way)
  • ginger graduate assistant witnessed it, didnt contact police, keeps his job
  • sandusky is out of jail now on bail

jo pa didnt see anything, but he went to the AD. say he went to the police. what does he say? "hey i heard some guy saw some other guy messing with some kids" at that point, the police would say "well we dont want to talk to you, we want to talk to the guy who witnessed it". why then does the ginger grad assistant then get off scott free? didnt he have a duty to report it?

i think overall it was a breakdown of the institution and its ability to deal with large issues.

100mi of Mohican has to be insanity. i wanted to do it this yr, but i had too little seat time to pursue it. plus the conditions were hellacious if i remember correctly. i saw one bike the day after. a guy i knew took a carbon superfly, brought it back with a completely destroyed drivetrain. needed new cassette and chain at least. the chain was new, but afterward was literally showing signs of huge wear and rust. very wet day.

some of those connections seem a bit far fetched, but the truth is that the DA is gone. obviously great care was taken to "get rid" of his hard drive, obviously pre-meditated either by himself, or someone else.

i think this will only get more interesting as time goes on. the sickest part is sandusky is now out on bail. so lets get this straight:

• joe pa gets fired for not reporting heresay (he could have construed it that way)
  • ginger graduate assistant witnessed it, didnt contact police, keeps his job
  • sandusky is out of jail now on bail

jo pa didnt see anything, but he went to the AD. say he went to the police. what does he say? "hey i heard some guy saw some other guy messing with some kids" at that point, the police would say "well we dont want to talk to you, we want to talk to the guy who witnessed it". why then does the ginger grad assistant then get off scott free? didnt he have a duty to report it?

i think overall it was a breakdown of the institution and its ability to deal with large issues.

no wonder Sandusky is out on bail:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57324173/sandusky-bail-judge-has-ties-to-second-mile/?tag=contentMain;contentBody

100mi of Mohican has to be insanity. i wanted to do it this yr, but i had too little seat time to pursue it. plus the conditions were hellacious if i remember correctly. i saw one bike the day after. a guy i knew took a carbon superfly, brought it back with a completely destroyed drivetrain. needed new cassette and chain at least. the chain was new, but afterward was literally showing signs of huge wear and rust. very wet day.

wrong thread?

Haha, what the hell?

how is this person even the judge with such close connections to sandusky? isnt there some kind of hold/ bind since there is a relationship between the two?