Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Braxton's throws have become noticeably better since the ball swap. Could just be nerves calming down as easily as it could be being more comfortable with the ball. The ducks we saw for a couple games there are gone. Now he has to hone his accuracy. And remember, he's been without his top 3 receivers for multiple games. Posey will be playing for the first time tomorrow, Philly has been hurt and he lost Reed against MSU.

As for the arrests at Florida... I don't give a shit. OSU gets dragged through the mud and hit by the NCAA over kids selling/trading their own things. No one outside of college football fans on sports message boards knew/cared about Florida's arrest problems. Arrests =/= NCAA problems = I don't care anymore. OSU did it largely the right way for the better part of a decade and when an insignificant "scandal" came about it meant nothing.

And like I said I'll be happy to have Urban's smug arrogance on our side now, I'll be just as happy to have him dreaming about recruits. I hope he has a lifetime supply of Lunesta and just sleeps from the time he is announced as the HC until January then he'll have a month worth of dreams to tell recruits about before signing day.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I'm an emo fan, interesting. Btw pryor was a fuck ton better as a frosh. How about a guy named mo c, he was pretty good as a freshman. Here's been a lot of true freshman to come into cfb and shine, just not many at osu. Hopefully braxton makes leaps and bounds improvements over the winter and summer

Tp was 6'6 and about 230lbs..he put on some muscle but that doesn't effect throwing it roperly..just helped him take more punishment. I've said it before as a fan I hope braxton proves me wrong but from a football perspective he's not a good passer. I will give him credit for showing up late in the game recently

Haha I'm an emo fan, interesting. Btw pryor was a fuck ton better as a frosh. How about a guy named mo c, he was pretty good as a freshman. Here's been a lot of true freshman to come into cfb and shine, just not many at osu. Hopefully braxton makes leaps and bounds improvements over the winter and summer

TP was better as a freshman than he was as a sophomore? Wat?

Wait, TP as a freshman was a ton better than Braxton is as a freshman? Is that what you mean?

I was listening to Rothman and Stanley on the The Fan earlier and wanted to scream - at Stanley specifically. He was lobbying for Fickell remaining the head coach and said that he just needs to hire an offense coordinator with head coaching experience (whatever that means) to run the offense so Fickell can just concentrate on defense.

WAT?

So, you want to have your head coach hire someone who is a better head coach than you so that you can basically just worry about being a defensive coordinator? WHAT THE FUCKITY FUCK?

McCoy was decent his REDSHIRT freshman year. Imagine if Braxton would have been able to take a year to adapt to college life by redshirting or even just take a few snaps here and there as TP's backup before being shoved into the starting role on a team where the 4th best WR is now your #1...lol.

And NightHawk, you're right about TP bulking up from freshman to sophomore year. He was lanky as a freshman. Probably closer to 220. Then got up around 240 and stayed there for his sophomore and junior years. Looked like a monster checking into fall camp in 2009.

Oh btw unless osu thumps everyone by 50 next year I'm gonna call it a bust. I mean 8- maybe 9-3 this year is considered a bust by most fans, so it better be a perfect season lol

And that's just a ridiculous statement right there. I'm starting to think my non-serious statement earlier about you thinking Urban is the antichrist might be somewhat serious...lol.

How is that a ridcujlous post? 35 million, he better be perfect. If osu goes 9-4 next year under meyer then what was really gained. I'm not drinking the kool aid. Everyone hates on fickell and thinks meyer is this great saviour, well he better live up to the hype. I can think of a few coaches that were gonna be saviours only to end up duds. Charlie weis or brian kelly anyone?

How is that a ridcujlous post? 35 million, he better be perfect. If osu goes 9-4 next year under meyer then what was really gained. I'm not drinking the kool aid. Everyone hates on fickell and thinks meyer is this great saviour, well he better live up to the hype. I can think of a few coaches that were gonna be saviours only to end up duds. Charlie weis or brian kelly anyone?

Brian Kelly is still a work in progress. Plus as I've discussed in this thread before, ND has limitations that will never allow it to be what it once was. And I don't know exactly who hates on Fickell, it's just that between him and Urban, Urban is the surer bet. Every time. I like Fickell and am glad it looks like he'll stay on Urban's staff (DL coach probably with an associate head coach title is what I've read). I just don't know if he's ready to take over one of the best jobs in the country. We've all seen what Urban can do as evidenced by 2 crystal footballs down in Gainesville right now. Getting Urban through all of this is already something of a dream scenario. Keeping Fickell and somehow, down the road, he still gets to be OSU's head coach... would be beyond perfect.

And by the way, I've read $35-36 million for 7 years. Actually less than what I was posting a couple weeks ago ($6mil/yr). Here's a post from a UCLA person (they went after Meyer too...lol) in the know...

I'm not one to jump on a rumor and run with it, but I feel good about this one. I didn't add it to the previous thread b/c I think this is more than what's been posted...

One of my really good friends is a UCLA booster and he's been talking up either Urban Meyer, Chris Peterson, or some other hot name as a future UCLA coach. I've told him many times that he's dreaming and that UCLA sucks, but I don't know why b/c they should be good every single year. Anyway, he called me while I've been at work today (which is unusual, he wouldn't normally call me during the day) saying the UCLA boosters were all asked to pledge money in an effort to lure Urban Meyer. UCLA was offering around $7.6 million for Meyer AND his assistants. Number of years was not given to me. Meyer notified those in negotiations with him last night that he wanted to remove himself from consideration b/c he was taking the OSU job. Also, apparently when UCLA asked about the burnout issue, he said he was getting burned out b/c everyone kept poaching his assistants, and it was getting harder and harder to rebuild the coaching staff and keep recruiting at a high level. He is asking for a lot of money for his assistants for the sole reason that he doesn't want them to keep leaving for more money, in turn causing him to work that much harder. Sounds to me like he wants a dominant coaching staff that stays the same for many years.

OSU is supposedly paying $36 million over 7 years (!!!).

PSU apparently requested an interview but he turned it down cold.

And somewhat related, Peterson was in the beginning stages of discussions with UCLA but apparently his wife does not like the LA scene so he will not be UCLA's next coach.

The most important part in bold. That goes right with what nevada on Scout has been saying. Urban did overwork himself at Florida as his assistants were taken away from him. And it led to real health issues. If he comes back to coaching he wants the ability to put a top-notch staff together that will stay together as long as possible. That means shelling out probably close to $1mil/yr per coordinator on top of Urban's salary. OSU has the money and the elite boosters (ie. Wexner) have their checkbooks open and ready.

wow.

just now, they asked urban point blank during the michigan/neb game

other dude: "now, urban, there have been plenty of rumors you have accepted the OSU head coaching job"

urban: "well its that time of the year for these rumors, but i have been offered no job, nor accepted any job"

guess that settles it?

wow.

just now, they asked urban point blank during the michigan/neb game

other dude: "now, urban, there have been plenty of rumors you have accepted the OSU head coaching job"

urban: "well its that time of the year for these rumors, but i have been offered no job, nor accepted any job"

guess that settles it?

Well, I guess it settles the rumor of him having signed such-and-such contract. Still doesn't mean he won't end up being the coach here.