Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

OSU fans/bot/medi>anything in Florida. Hell why Florida even has sports teams is beyond me, its a bunch of old people concerned about retirement more then sports. fact!

So you're basing your "florida is a harder job then OSU" argument on the fact that OSU lost to Florida? So I guess by the same token the Auburn job is harder then the Oregon job, the USC job is harder then the Oklahoma job ect....?

People in this same thread have said OSU is a top 3 job in the country, you don't think top 3 level stress comes with that job? Florida wasn't even mentioned in that debate lol.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSU fans/bot/medi>anything in Florida. Hell why Florida even has sports teams is beyond me, its a bunch of old people concerned about retirement more then sports. fact!

So you're basing your "florida is a harder job then OSU" argument on the fact that OSU lost to Florida? So I guess by the same token the Auburn job is harder then the Oregon job, the USC job is harder then the Oklahoma job ect....?

People in this same thread have said OSU is a top 3 job in the country, you don't think top 3 level stress comes with that job? Florida wasn't even mentioned in that debate lol.

winning 2 NC in 3 years will up the stress level tremendously. Earle said that he had dinner with Urban the night before the Alabama game in 2009 and that Urban was a wreck because he knew he was going to lose that game. I think he was having anxiety and panic attacks.

They are both major programs with the same pressure to perform at a high level or you're out. And you can't use the NC as an example. Anyone who watched Fla and tOSU that year knows that Fla played the perfect game and the month and a half off killed the Buckeyes. Fla wasn't that dominant that year all season.

I don't buy the month and a half off thing either, Florida had nearly the same amount of time off as OSU. It was plain and simple, OSU lost Ginn on the 1st play of the game (had no deep threat the rest of the game), stopped running the ball (for reasons beyond my knowledge) and supposedly Troy Smith and Gonzo had a pregame fight due to Gonzo learning of Smith banging his gf....add that to the fact that Florida played a perfect game as you mentioned and it was a perfect recipe for a debacle in the desert

I don't buy the month and a half off thing either, Florida had nearly the same amount of time off as OSU. It was plain and simple, OSU lost Ginn on the 1st play of the game (had no deep threat the rest of the game), stopped running the ball (for reasons beyond my knowledge) and supposedly Troy Smith and Gonzo had a pregame fight due to Gonzo learning of Smith banging his gf....add that to the fact that Florida played a perfect game as you mentioned and it was a perfect recipe for a debacle in the desert

They looked extremely slow that game and it wasn't just because Fla was that much quicker. JT didn't have them prepared for whatever reason.

no im saying would you rather play lsu bama ga and auburn or wisconsin penn st michigan and mich st? ill take option b. fla was stout, the sec is a bunch of cheating mother effers and the pressure to win at that level trumps the pressure at osu and the b10. dont get me wrong, osu is not an easy gig, but its not the grueling schedule and insanity that is the sec. god forbid you play indiana, illinoise, purdont and northwestern. osu has the midwest on pretty much lock, not to much competition when it comes to recruiting. if your a big time player and want to go to a big time school in the mid west. osu is your #1 option.

Yeah how on earth can the likes of Indiana, Illinois and Northwestern compete with such powerhouses as Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Mississippi St....every conference has bottom feeders lol. I am not disputing that LSU and Alabama are good teams, however up until Saban arrived at Alabama they were not that great, Auburn is like Penn State to men, 1 year they are really good, the next they arent.

Btw its Illinois no e :)

OSU had a pretty decent schedule this year, they faced or will have faced 6 teams in the top 25. The big 10 wasn't horrible this year. The only thing helping the SEC is the fact that they have the top 3 teams in the BCS currently, took a lot of help from other teams losing though.

You know what the best part about this news today has been? The fact that its gotten this thread to go from the Josh, Tilley, LJ, Bircranium and Phil thread into a free for all, royal rumble, internet fight til the death thread haha

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Yeah how on earth can the likes of Indiana, Illinois and Northwestern compete with such powerhouses as Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Mississippi St....every conference has bottom feeders lol. I am not disputing that LSU and Alabama are good teams, however up until Saban arrived at Alabama they were not that great, Auburn is like Penn State to men, 1 year they are really good, the next they arent.

Btw its Illinois no e :)

OSU had a pretty decent schedule this year, they faced or will have faced 6 teams in the top 25. The big 10 wasn't horrible this year. The only thing helping the SEC is the fact that they have the top 3 teams in the BCS currently, took a lot of help from other teams losing though.

You know what the best part about this news today has been? The fact that its gotten this thread to go from the Josh, Tilley, LJ, Bircranium thread into a free for all, royal rumble, internet fight til the death thread haha

i type angry what can i say. im not even going to edit it cause its funny. and thanks for leaving me out of the everyday guys who talk about this shit. you know what josh, im not going to buy that meyer heart monitor i saw on ebay for you now. ill just let it go to someone else who loves him as much as u do.

and miss st would kill indiana

kentucky would beat purdont

illinoisE may beat ol miss but idk

arkansas> everyone b10 team minus wisky

I forgot that you post in here quite often i'll edit it to include you lol. What? I really wanted that for christmas, damn you Phil, now i am gonna have to settle for the Urban Meyer "quitting for dummies" book....

I don't think Kentucky would beat anyone in the b10 outside of Indiana lol. Arkansas would get beat by Wisky and most likely Michigan State. Illinois would beat both the Mississippi schools.

BTW current bowl projections have Ohio State in the Gator Bowl vs Auburn.

FWIW, Skip Bayless is more of an idiot than any of us posting in this thread lol. He just said Andrew Luck has been over rated since August and he wouldn't take him #1 over all, said he has a funky throwing motion, holds the ball too low and would take Robert Griffen III over Luck. Stephen A Smith said there isn't a huge gap between Luck, Barkley and Kellen Moore...

The last three pages of this thread have been as chaotic as the whole Urban Meyer saga.

If we were all sitting at a table drinking right now, there'd just be a lot of yelling and perhaps someone getting body slammed.

OMG MEYER FLORIDA BCS QUITING STRESS PANIC ATTACKS DISPATCH SCOUT.COM HALFTIME DUKE GAME SDFKAWJHRA;GD;KJHQBWR;AOIHD;QKAJHD;KSDNA.KDHBD.K

FWIW, Skip Bayless is more of an idiot than any of us posting in this thread lol. He just said Andrew Luck has been over rated since August and he wouldn't take him #1 over all, said he has a funky throwing motion, holds the ball too low and would take Robert Griffen III over Luck. Stephen A Smith said there isn't a huge gap between Luck, Barkley and Kellen Moore...

skip bayless is a cunt. he talks so much shit on tv but you know he would suck most of those guys dicks. and matt barkley isnt far behind luck. i think rg3 has a smooth game. but luck is what luck is, hes a great player. moore is gone get gaped in the nfl.

The last three pages of this thread have been as chaotic as the whole Urban Meyer saga.

If we were all sitting at a table drinking right now, there'd just be a lot of yelling and perhaps someone getting body slammed.

OMG MEYER FLORIDA BCS QUITING STRESS PANIC ATTACKS DISPATCH SCOUT.COM HALFTIME DUKE GAME SDFKAWJHRA;GD;KJHQBWR;AOIHD;QKAJHD;KSDNA.KDHBD.K

id be the naked guy on top of the table yelling COME AT ME BRUH!!!!!

That's actually exactly how all of this has sounded in my head.

Barkley has really impressed me this year. It helps having a great WR in Woods, but someones gotta get the ball to him and he has done a good job at that. I am a Boise fan as you know, but I will have to agree that I don't see Kellen Moore transitioning to the next level very well, but hey it happens. Who knows maybe he will be another Tebow type that given the chance does nothing but win. Hopefully Luck becomes Manning and not Ryan Leaf lol.

Tilley I think that would be a fun night, there'd be laughter, fighting, drinking, make up sex...wait what did I just type?

BTW sitting at home now with ESPN on and you start to realize why this is exactly what OSU would want, regardless of the upcoming game. ESPN has live Sportscenter's all day now. They've been talking about Meyer multiple times per hour since 9AM now. About to talk about it some more here in a second.

Maybe some of the benefits have already shown themselves... #5 WR in the country according to 247sports, Joel Caleb, scheduled an official visit for next weekend already...lol.

Barkley has really impressed me this year. It helps having a great WR in Woods, but someones gotta get the ball to him and he has done a good job at that. I am a Boise fan as you know, but I will have to agree that I don't see Kellen Moore transitioning to the next level very well, but hey it happens. Who knows maybe he will be another Tebow type that given the chance does nothing but win. Hopefully Luck becomes Manning and not Ryan Leaf lol.

Tilley I think that would be a fun night, there'd be laughter, fighting, drinking, make up sex...wait what did I just type?

:nod: oh yeah?

"I know there is a game at noon on saturday, my ass will be there"- Luke Fickell FTW

Looking at the class and you're right, plus Frank Euwhaever his last name is has been rumored of playing a position outside of WR, mainly Punter?

NY Times reporting Meyer is researching how significant the sanctions will be against OSU according to ESPN