Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

just had dinner with Andrew Sweat and some other guys on the team. Urban i guess was dropping F bombs like crazy in the team meeting tonight. Andrew said basically everyone will be gone (staff) and that Urban is planning on running up the scoreboards to 100 if he can lol. should be an interesting next few years. We needed a cocky and productive head coach that is willing to just destroy other teams. Shits gonna get wild.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just had dinner with Andrew Sweat and some other guys on the team. Urban i guess was dropping F bombs like crazy in the team meeting tonight. Andrew said basically everyone will be gone (staff) and that Urban is planning on running up the scoreboards to 100 if he can lol. should be an interesting next few years. We needed a cocky and productive head coach that is willing to just destroy other teams. Shits gonna get wild.

:masturboy::megusta:

He didn't though.

What do you mean he didn't? Everyone knows Tress was the offensive coordinator, Bollman just had the job title lol.

I watched the interview with Urban tonight and it left me wondering, is he going to renig on players that have commited already? He kept talking about getting out and recruiting players...

What do you mean he didn't? Everyone knows Tress was the offensive coordinator, Bollman just had the job title lol.

I watched the interview with Urban tonight and it left me wondering, is he going to renig on players that have commited already? He kept talking about getting out and recruiting players...

Bill Greene at Scout (very good connections to Urban and his people - better than his connections with Tressel and his people) said Urban is not going to cut anyone loose.

And I'm sorry, that's just not true about Bollman/JT. JT had his hand in EVERYTHING but especially influenced the offense and the QB position but Bollman truly did call the plays. JT and the staff gameplanned together all week then come gameday it was Bollman. JT had veto power which he used sparingly according to the insiders on Scout. I think someone had the number at like 10% of the time JT would veto the play. That number may be high though.

According to Urban at his presser it seems he'll run things very similarly. It's just his offensive philosophy and the offensive philosophy of the offensive coordinators he goes after (Studrawa at LSU is his #1 target, Chad Morris at Clemson is #2) will be very different from JT and Bollman.

And the quote that is floating around about what Urban said in the team meeting is...

I'm not fucking around, I'm not dealing with any bullshit. I plan on putting up 100 points against every team and I don't give a damn what any reporter or coach says about it.

Matches up pretty well with what Panduh said...lol.

So if its not true then why refer to it as Tressellball? Maybe Panduh can chime in here since he actually played on the team for a while. I have always heard/read that Tress was the man playing the calls even though Bollman had the title, and that Bollmans main focus was OL (which he wasnt very good at either lol).

I will be glad to see the offensive coaches gone, that has been one of my biggest complaints as a Buckeye fan, I think all Buckeye fans felt the same way. Like I said I don't care who he brings in as long as they put up more points then the other guys lol. I do like how he said his main focus is putting together the best staff in the country and how he beat around the bush about the SEC cheating to get recruits.

I do like how Urban mentioned the fact that there is a good tight end at OSU currently, I feel Stoneburners talents have been wasted and he does remind you of a Hernandez type player. He is a mismatch for sure.

It's called Tresselball because of the overall philosophy. Like I said, Tressel had his hand in everything on the offensive side of the ball and his philosophy was largely not to put his defense in a bad position by screwing up with the offense. That was Tresselball. Unfortunately, due to this philosophy the margin of error was so miniscule that it led to exactly what it tried to prevent on too many occasions IMO.

And yeah, Stoney is PUMPED about this. Meyer wanted Stoneburner BAD when he was at Florida. Stoney probably made a TON of money today with this announcement. He can do exactly what Hernandez did for Meyer at UF. 14 catches this season and 7 were for TD's...lol.

From Stoney's twitter...

Welcome Coach Meyer to THE Ohio State University. To say I'm excited is an understatement.

Also a couple things before I hit the sack...

http://i.imgur.com/UsoR0.png

And my new homepage...

It's called Tresselball because of the overall philosophy. Like I said, Tressel had his hand in everything on the offensive side of the ball and his philosophy was largely not to put his defense in a bad position by screwing up with the offense. That was Tresselball. Unfortunately, due to this philosophy the margin of error was so miniscule that it led to exactly what it tried to prevent on too many occasions IMO.

And yeah, Stoney is PUMPED about this. Meyer wanted Stoneburner BAD when he was at Florida. Stoney probably made a TON of money today with this announcement. He can do exactly what Hernandez did for Meyer at UF. 14 catches this season and 7 were for TD's...lol.

From Stoney's twitter...

Also a couple things before I hit the sack...

http://i.imgur.com/UsoR0.png

And my new homepage...

hilarious

whats the teams reaction to his meeting?

I live in mississippi now (until april) and am on a car forum down here where I posted a thread about getting urban meyer, and the amount of bootyhurtness can not be measured. The ignorance is overwehlming down here and I can't stand it. All the Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Florida fans down here live in this fantasy world where the SEC will forever rule until the end of time, I can't stand it...I am forced to stick up for tOSU an the big ten and even the rest of the country by myself :fa:

This is awesome - absolutely love to hear this.

I live in mississippi now (until april) and am on a car forum down here where I posted a thread about getting urban meyer, and the amount of bootyhurtness can not be measured. The ignorance is overwehlming down here and I can't stand it. All the Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Florida fans down here live in this fantasy world where the SEC will forever rule until the end of time, I can't stand it...I am forced to stick up for tOSU an the big ten and even the rest of the country by myself :fa:

Christ, I feel for you - that is nearly ground zero for SEC cultism.

The SEC homers had better soak it up now when they can. Because, I can almost promise, there will be a time when the SEC will be back to mediocre and, perhaps, Ohio State will be the dominant team in CFB. And, if that should happen, I promise to the CFB gods I will be merciless in shoving crow down the throat of any SEC homer I come across.

There's another poll vote from ESPN yesterday where the question was asking how long before Urban Meyer wins a national title at OSU. Every single SEC state except for South Carolina voted that he would never win one...lol. Nice little block of failure.

Here are a couple statements from some of the SEC nutswingers down here. Direct quotes.

"Urban Meyer is cowardly, lazy liar who doesn’t care about his players or his university. Ohio State was uncharacteristically calm with the firing of Jim Tressel because they felt Urban Meyer was on the horizon. Also warning to Ohio State not to confuse present day Urban Meyer with the same Urban Meyer who destroyed Ohio State in the 2006 BCS National Championship game, because that guy doesn’t exist anymore. At the end of the day Urban Meyer is free to take whatever job he wants to take, but that doesn’t mean people can’t call him on his bullshit and maybe he might be able to turn that organization around in a few years who knows."

*Here's another*

"you are right that is where lazy comes in. Head Coach at Ohio State isn’t a better job than Head Coach at Florida, but it is an easier job. At Florida you have to coach against the best competition in the country. As I write this the #1,#2, and #3 in the BCS Standings are SEC teams. The first sign of a Big Ten team I think is 10-2 Michigan State at #10. The Florida job gets harder as you factor in the difficulty of having to recruit against those same conference rivals as well as instate rivals like Florida State, Miami, not to mention the other national powers constantly poaching from Florida’s fertile landscape. Meyer lost Florida born recruits like C.J. Spiller to Clemson and Aaron Murray to Georgia. That doesn’t happen in Ohio. Ohio State losing a local recruit to Michigan is national news. Meyer will look like a guy who is isn’t up to the challenge of playing with the big boys.

Meyer already had admittedly dialed it back in during his final season at Florida in 2010. He told the NY Times about his cell phone, “Boom, I shut it off… I’d never done that before. I’d check once in a while, but I’d go three days without looking at it, which is mind-boggling.” That’s what everyone wants to hear about their $4 million a year head coach. Take a look back at the 2010 season to see if you noticed any slippage."

i love listening to hoke talk. not one time does he say ohio state. he just continues to call them ohio. " ohio is a great school with great players, im glad meyer came to ohio so this rivalry will be fantastic. ohio has great tradition:lol: i love it. its the slightest disrespect but he is consistent with it.

i love listening to hoke talk. not one time does he say ohio state. he just continues to call them ohio. " ohio is a great school with great players, im glad meyer came to ohio so this rivalry will be fantastic. ohio has great tradition:lol: i love it. its the slightest disrespect but he is consistent with it.

or he is just ignorant? Im sure he will know our name when we turn his hole inside out