Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I found this over on scout and I thought it was interesting, while making me sick at the same time lol. The SEC could have 3 schools in BCS bowl games this year...Here is how

"IF UGA (Georgia) wins the sec championship game then they get the automatic bid (Sugar Bowl). Then IF LSU and Bama are still the top 2 bcs ranked teams they get the bcsc game."

How sickening would that be, not only do they cheat to get recruits, they have figured out how to cheat the system...bastards!!

Yeah I menioned that Noah Spence was supposedly interested now. Urban handed out his first offer to a Junior WR from the Cleveland area today apparently. I'm not gonna lie, it is pretty fun waching the recruiting stuff now that he is here, still doesn't mean I like him but its nice to see recruiting picking up. It seemed like a weak year (even though its a 3.6 I believe average before Urban), but could very well end up being amazing.

So far Urban has gotten the #1 DE and #1 WR interested and supposedly the WR is coming up for a visit. He has also got in the ear of the #1 OT Jordan Diamond.

You put Spence and Washington on the same D-Line and look the fuck out. Idc who Michigan signs, those 2 alone trump anyone Michigan gets

Then for the DL you've also got the chance to flip Se'Von Pittman who is currently committed to MSU. It was a sick year in the state for defensive linemen but obviously the Tressel/NCAA stuff kinda screwed that up. But OSU is still gonna finish very, very strong with Urban then 2013... going to be nuts.

Speaking of kids going to ND, Taylor Decker, 4-star OT out of Vandalia, OH, currently committed to ND, getting a visit from Taver Johnson (Urban is keeping him) today. Basically Urban came in and noticed there were some serious fuck ups as far as offensive line recruiting was concerned over the last year or so so they're going after everyone. Working on Dodson (OSU will be at his school tomorrow I believe - same school as Urban's first 2013 offer), Decker and they did make a call to Kalis although that's not likely to happen. I think Decker will be similar to Kalis (been too long and too solid) but Urban will leave no stone unturned.

Also, Mike Stoops in town today meeting with Urban about the DC job.

Fuck Kalis, I hope he enjoys 4-5 years of losing. I loved it when he decommited from OSU and then commited to Michigan, ESEC called him the best lineman to come out of Ohio since Orlando Pace...he got worked in the state playoffs by another buckeye recruit from all accounts. I don't want a kid on the team like him honestly. You not only when with talent, but character and I don't think that kid has much character.

I heard Drayton was kept on the staff, so who all has he kept thus far:

Stan Drayton (will he become RB coach instead of his current WR gig)

Luke Fickell (what exactly will his role be outside of recruiting, maybe Assistant Headcoach?"

Taver Johnson

I guess Urban was promised certain amounts of time off during the season in his offer, so I figure Fickell will be "assistant HC" and most likely run things whenever Urban isn't there.

Fuck Kalis, I hope he enjoys 4-5 years of losing. I loved it when he decommited from OSU and then commited to Michigan, ESEC called him the best lineman to come out of Ohio since Orlando Pace...he got worked in the state playoffs by another buckeye recruit from all accounts. I don't want a kid on the team like him honestly. You not only when with talent, but character and I don't think that kid has much character.

I heard Drayton was kept on the staff, so who all has he kept thus far:

Stan Drayton (will he become RB coach instead of his current WR gig)

Luke Fickell (what exactly will his role be outside of recruiting, maybe Assistant Headcoach?"

Taver Johnson

That's all he's going to keep. Everyone else is gone. Fickell's role is kinda up in the air. Could go back to being co-DC and coaching LB's or might move to coaching the DL since he played on the DL and Heacock is gone. Urban/OSU has money set aside for 3 $750k-$1m assistants. That's Fickell, a DC and an OC. That's part of the reason Urban ended up around $4m a year instead of $5-6m. He gave up money to ensure that he'd get top-notch assistants. That's key in keeping himself healthy/balanced.

That's all he's going to keep. Everyone else is gone. Fickell's role is kinda up in the air. Could go back to being co-DC and coaching LB's or might move to coaching the DL since he played on the DL and Heacock is gone. Urban/OSU has money set aside for 3 $750k-$1m assistants. That's Fickell, a DC and an OC. That's part of the reason Urban ended up around $4m a year instead of $5-6m. He gave up money to ensure that he'd get top-notch assistants. That's key in keeping himself healthy/balanced.

He is interviewing Vrabel for LB. Most likely the latest word is that Fickell will be AHC and D-Line

Braxton named Freshman of the Year by the B10 today, must've been a weak 2011 recruiting class ;)

Also just read that Dane Christ is transferring to Wisconsin and will be able to play next year. He was supposed to be the next great ND qb, but never really panned out. He's graduating from ND in Dec, thus making him eligible to play without having to sit a year.

I guess Vrabel visited Najee Murray this morning. Don't think Meyer would put him out on the recruiting trail if he wasn't staying so I guess that decision has been made.

Also, in non-OSU news, it looks like alittlelessordinary's favorite program is about to crumble. Chris Peterson probably taking the UCLA job. Good night, sweet Boise.

I guess Vrabel visited Najee Murray this morning. Don't think Meyer would put him out on the recruiting trail if he wasn't staying so I guess that decision has been made.

Also, in non-OSU news, it looks like alittlelessordinary's favorite program is about to crumble. Chris Peterson probably taking the UCLA job. Good night, sweet Boise.

FUCK YEAH

:fuckyeah::fuckyeah::fuckyeah: Boise st can go to hell in a gasoline basket:fuckyeah::fuckyeah::fuckyeah:

Hmmmmmmmmm, Boise, Idaho or Los Angeles? Let me think a minute here.

Potatoes vs. Gorgeous Women

Done.

pac 12 or mwc

better recruits- left overs

location- idaho

national recognition-3 -4 national games a yr

ucla money- idaho

sunshine- farming

yeah id say eff bsu as well

Stoops is in a tough situation. Divorced with joint custody of the kids and ex-wife won't leave Arizona. He's not going to get another good job in Arizona so pretty much anywhere he ends up it's a flight to see the kids. $1m/yr buys a lot of flights. He's supposedly making his decision today. If OSU were on the west coast this would be done.