places to eat downtown

AWW$HEEET

anyone have suggestions? i want to try something different out of this gahanna/new albany/westerville area. im sick of eating at the same places. dont suggest any hamburger joints down there or any dumb shit like that. $15 per plate minimum.

go.

this place was pretty decent, 2 people food + numerous martinis ran me $90 something. Don't expect a quiet meal there though, it seems to always be packed with campus air heads every time i've been there. Other than that I have no clue, I hate down town.

spaghetti warehouse, Buca di Beppo

:fa: He said $15+per plate, not crappy chain Italian food. I seriously hope I'm getting trolled here.

I've not been here, but I want to since it seems like a really cool location. There is a new place at the newly renovated bicentennial park that overlooks the river.

Another +evelenty for the elevator

M

Lemon Grass

Rigsby's Kitchen (best Creme Brulee on this earth)

Haiku

Barcelona

We should have a 'meet' at the Elevator.

P.S. It's a 'burger' joint, but check out Dirty Franks.

Edited by Trouble Maker

:fa: He said $15+per plate, not crappy chain Italian food. I seriously hope I'm getting trolled here.

I've not been here, but I want to since it seems like a really cool location. There is a new place at the newly renovated bicentennial park that overlooks the river.

Another +evelenty for the elevator

M

Lemon Grass

Rigsby's Kitchen (best Creme Brulee on this earth)

Haiku

Barcelona

We should have a 'meet' at the Elevator.

P.S. It's a 'burger' joint, but check out Dirty Franks.

Buca's portion sizes are big, 1 order can feed 3 people

http://www.dineoriginalscolumbus.com

I like black olive, marcellas, due amici, trattoria roma (grandview)

Can't wait for November 7th. :masturboy:

I should start saving up now for how much I'd like to spend in that week on eating out.

2nd recomendation for Du Amici in this thread, I'll have to try it out even though looking at their menu nothing jumped out at me.

I'll take Buca's over "Michellangelo's gay bistro" any day.

I was nice and joking before, but you dumb hicks that think Buca has good food need to GTFO of this thread.

Real talk; any restaurant that serves 'huge' portions, more than any person would normally eat, is charging you more than they should for your food.

P.P.S. really there is nothing inherently wrong with Buca but it doesn't belong in a thread of $15+/plate discussions.

Can't wait for November 7th. :masturboy:

I should start saving up now for how much I'd like to spend in that week on eating out.

2nd recomendation for Du Amici in this thread, I'll have to try it out even though looking at their menu nothing jumped out at me.

what is november 7th? another restaurant week? due amici has a great atmosphere, especially outdoor patio if its nice out. $15 brunch = anything on the menu and one free cocktail, incl. badass bloody marys made tableside

I was nice and joking before, but you dumb hicks that think Buca has good food need to GTFO of this thread.

Real talk; any restaurant that serves 'huge' portions, more than any person would normally eat, is charging you more than they should for your food.

Its not fine dining by any means, but its far from cheesecake factory etc. If im going to go out and get semi-plastered I want to leave with a belly full of food.

what is november 7th? another restaurant week?

Ya, I didn't know that but looked it up since your link made me think about it.

http://www.dineoriginalscolumbus.com/category/events/upcoming

I think they do 2/year? And there is another one; restaurant week, which was july 18th most recently.

http://restaurantweekcolumbus.com/

due amici has a great atmosphere, especially outdoor patio if its nice out. $15 brunch = anything on the menu and one free cocktail, incl. badass bloody marys made tableside

Might have to check it out tomorrow, although there is about 75% chance we end up at J.Liu again anyways (they have a killer brunch). Really the woman and my mom have most of the say in that anyways. :fuuuu:

Is your RX7 White? I'm pretty sure I saw you in GV at some point in the past.... maybe this summer.... I can't really remember. Very clean car if that was you. :fuckyeah: I hope you don't have it lowered too much with those streets.

Edit: J.Liu is only Sunday Brunch.