Ohio Riders Dyno Day

954RRLuke

I'm not too sure we are all talking about the same thing. I'm not too sure in general about how you have your PC tuned. I know i sat and watched it done down at wheelers at the gap and it took him at least 3hrs to tune my TL. He made 4 or 5 maps for me to choose from that allowed diff fuel types and weather conditions. I am getting a serious map made so i can adjust my bike at the track for the current conditions and fuel type. This is what i asked to be done so maybe a general tune will be cheaper. I have today off so i may stop in and see him.

Honestly the tuning technology for bikes is extremely basic, taking that long to make MAPs for different fuels and altitude (sp?) is kinds of over kill. Not one MAP can be perfect for certain weather conditions, unless you utilize the Bazzaz auto tune that still takes time to adjust.

Honestly i could care less were anyone goes for a tune for anything, I prefer Brain because he is straight forward and honest and the customer service is second to none.

My TL is a 97 so i guess that could be it. I need all those maps because of the races i go to are at crazy diff states and i now have a laptop to play with the PC3 and i really want to use the thing lol. I am trying to get someone here local so i dont have to trailer my bike very far to get the work done so i am trying to figure this all out. I would love to go to Brian,but i cant do that without more work n my part.

My TL is a 97 so i guess that could be it. I need all those maps because of the races i go to are at crazy diff states and i now have a laptop to play with the PC3 and i really want to use the thing lol. I am trying to get someone here local so i dont have to trailer my bike very far to get the work done so i am trying to figure this all out. I would love to go to Brian,but i cant do that without more work n my part.

This is true, fuel costs of either trailering it for riding it here would drive costs up but thats what happens sometimes when looking for a decent tuner. I had a gentleman contact me from 1000rr.net asking about columbus tuners because he spent over a grand on tuning for his Duc and 1000rr and both bikes made shit power and ran like dog poop. He had to trailer them all the way to Toledo.

We in Columbus are very fortunate to have a few very competent tuners around us ranging from bikes to cars, its just so happens that Brian is one of the BEST i have dealt with for cars and bikes. He tuned my Lightning better than a national Lightning company could, and they built the motor for it ( not by my choice)

I'm not too sure we are all talking about the same thing. I'm not too sure in general about how you have your PC tuned. I know i sat and watched it done down at wheelers at the gap and it took him at least 3hrs to tune my TL. He made 4 or 5 maps for me to choose from that allowed diff fuel types and weather conditions. I am getting a serious map made so i can adjust my bike at the track for the current conditions and fuel type. This is what i asked to be done so maybe a general tune will be cheaper. I have today off so i may stop in and see him.

You got screwed. :lol:

if i did get screwed at least i gave my $$$ to a great guy who would do many many other things for other riders. Wheeler is a hell of a guy and the 3 hours i was there i learned sooo much. I went to the shop today,but the tuner was not in so i will be calling him around 6 tonight. I will get a final price and hopefully it will be less! He tunes allot of local Wera bikes so i have confidence in his work. Catman knows him too and thats how i found him.

if i did get screwed at least i gave my $$$ to a great guy who would do many many other things for other riders. Wheeler is a hell of a guy and the 3 hours i was there i learned sooo much. I went to the shop today,but the tuner was not in so i will be calling him around 6 tonight. I will get a final price and hopefully it will be less! He tunes allot of local Wera bikes so i have confidence in his work. Catman knows him too and thats how i found him.

This isnt a pissing match on who is the nicer tuner, trust me Brian has done his fair share to the community bikes AND cars. Hell he even gives OR part of the cash from the dyno day.

But again I could care less who tunes what, as long as your happy and confident. If anyone still wants to come up to Cbus and hang out and maybe dyno your bike you are all still more than welcome.

Wheeler is the guy at the bottom of the dragon at deals gap. I would eb 100% in for brian,but a 2hr drive is just too much driving lol. Cinci needs a local guy so we can ride over and hang out too! This bike shop has a bar attached to it next door and i think the owners were cool too. I guess when i find out i will make a thread. Sorry for the thread jacking!

Wheeler is the guy at the bottom of the dragon at deals gap. I would eb 100% in for brian,but a 2hr drive is just too much driving lol. Cinci needs a local guy so we can ride over and hang out too! This bike shop has a bar attached to it next door and i think the owners were cool too. I guess when i find out i will make a thread. Sorry for the thread jacking!

Agreed. we need someone in Cinci. Points well taken. By the way I drove 8 mile earlier this week .. you live in 8 mile right? Couldn't see a trailer.