So I won a Waverunner...

adamgh81

Yes. Expect to pay 40% of the value of the waverunner in taxes.

So basically with it being a power sport (luxury) item, between what he's already paid and what he will pay in taxes the only way he won't lose money on this is if he sells it right now before it hits the water and is worth less than half of MSRP.

Congrats to the OP for that one!

So basically with it being a power sport (luxury) item, between what he's already paid and what he will pay in taxes the only way he won't lose money on this is if he sells it right now before it hits the water and is worth less than half of MSRP.

Congrats to the OP for that one!

Awesome, I was expecting to pay about 20-25%, but 40%...ouch! FML!

nice man congrats. i think that was the one on bethel they had on showcase advertising this raffle. i have been on alum with my ex gf's and it was a blast. was during the week so the "lake" was not very busy. i was actually able to enjoy it.

Correct, no skis on the Scioto. I wonder if you could find a place to launch on the Olentangy

Why is that?

I think the Olentangy is much smaller, shallower and more narrow than the Scioto. I'm not sure a PWC would even work. There are a lot of (way too many) low level damns too. I've never even seen anything powered on the Olentangy.

I had a coworker win a Harley with a $20K sticker. He was taxed $8K, so he collected as many losing scratch off lottery tickets as he could, in order to write them off as gambling losses that went against the price of the bike.

It's another option.

Why is that?

I think the Olentangy is much smaller, shallower and more narrow than the Scioto. I'm not sure a PWC would even work. There are a lot of (way too many) low level damns too. I've never even seen anything powered on the Olentangy.

They are just not allowed.

Why is that?

It is for a very good reason, and I'm thankful for it! Griggs Resevoir and O'Shaughnessy Reservoir do not allow any PWC or tubing. This:

- Keeps the water calmer, as tubers ruin calm water more than anyone

- People live on these Resevoirs, so it reduces the number of boaters by a bit

- These waters are known for being good watersports waters - PWC's are a PITA to watersport folks

- These are not the widest of areas to boat, so keep tubers and PWC's out reduces cross traffic a LOT.

I love to get me some tube on, but I am more than happy to give that up if that means it keeps the Lake Lice off the water. Plus I don't like having some douche in a tube ruin good wakeboarding water. :)

It is for a very good reason, and I'm thankful for it! Griggs Resevoir and O'Shaughnessy Reservoir do not allow any PWC or tubing and shouldn't allow WAKESURFING!

^^^I hate those fuckers that throw off a 4ft wake on the Scioto River trying that shit, go do that on a much larger lake where it's effects aren't as noticeable. Leave the Scioto smooth.