Mid Ohio

Xyster101

Went to Mid Ohio with NASA this past weekend. Here is a video in my '91 MR2 turbo with Falken Azenis, stiffer front sway bar and 197hp at the wheels. 1 minute in you can see Rich (das borgen) in his silver M3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46x82M8lHFU

What do you think of my lines? I could prolly shave a good 3 seconds off if I was not dealing with traffic and I went flat out through turn 10 under the Honda bridge, I am just scared the car will not stick there.

Well done, Lines are pretty good, in general that's all good for a DE setting, seems like you're being very cautious in a few sections leaving alot of time on the table.

T1 In too slow, not quite enough steering angle at entry and always a few feet wide of where you should be. You want to late apex and nearly clip that inside curb after you've gone back to full throttle.

T7 (or 3 or whatever the heck they call it on the pro course). Running the DE line which is cool, but if you use all of the road on exit and get a couple seconds of full throttle charging up the hill to the left hander you'll gain ALOT of time there. The left hander over the hill is throw away anyhow no matter how you setup for it so might as well get everything out of the corner before and the charge up to the left hander.

You should be full throttle from the moment you exit the right hander coming up on the honda bridge until your braking zone for T11 (again I guess T7 in Pro configuration). Car will get light going over the raise which is why it's critical to have it already pointed in the right direction when you do so. My M3 would ever soo slightly spin the tires going over that raise but you could still keep your foot in it until the car came down went through compression as you made the slight right and setup for 11 / 7.