Do most vet clinics take payment plans?

Browning

In a situation I'm not sure what to do. This kitten has been hanging around here for around a month. We feed it so I guess it's ours. Anyways, yesterday we noticed it's holding a back leg up off the ground. Nothing appeared to be broken and it seemed the pain was in the pad of the paw and wasn't bothering her much.

Today she's still holding it up and the elbow I guess appears to be swelling a little bit. She isn't eating now and I haven't seen her drink anything today. I don't have the cash to toss to vet bills since we just had a baby and have been spending all of our cash for things for him, unless I can get a payment plan setup. Haven't been able to get through to the local vet yet to ask.

What would you do? Normal answer around here is shoot it but I'm not that type.

In all honesty, let nature take it's course. Instincts will kick in and the cat will take care of itself.

Nowadays people are so hell bent on taking care of a species that lived for thousands of years without the assistance of humans.

It sounds like it is an outside cat?

Honestly, I would not do a thing in your situation. I am not saying to kill it.... I would just not spend any money on "fixing" an roaming outside cat, short of getting it fixed...

KillJoy

she's been inside a few times but yes most of her time is spent outside. She isn't a stray that just roams around everywhere, she only stays in our yard, mostly up on our porch. She doesn't seem too bothered by it until she tries to climb/jump or one of us picks her up. I just don't want her to be in pain or this turn into a permanent thing with her not walking on that leg. It could be something simple like a sprain bu I don't know

Most places will do CareCredit which is actually a credit card. You will be hard pressed to find a clinic that will set up a contract with you as a new client. Most likely they will want their money, which is where CareCredit comes in.

Just confirmed with my sister who works at MedVet, they are CareCredit only and do not do their own financing.

I've been to the local vet before with my lab, but it's been a little while. I feel bad for her. She was brought here by my g/f's brother who supposedly took her from kids that wanted to throw her in a fire(yea:() He says kill her but she's so damn cute and she's a great cat so far. When she came here she was barely weened and it's been a month or so.

Look at this thing

http://i.imgur.com/jJq9w.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YuHni.jpg

even with the hurt leg she still follows me all around the yard

It sounds like you are wanting to spend money then......

Start calling Vet Offices and see what they say...

KillJoy

I've been to the local vet before with my lab, but it's been a little while. I feel bad for her. She was brought here by my g/f's brother who supposedly took her from kids that wanted to throw her in a fire(yea:() He says kill her but she's so damn cute and she's a great cat so far. When she came here she was barely weened and it's been a month or so.

Look at this thing

Look at this thing

even with the hurt leg she still follows me all around the yard

Thats really crappy, depending on vet if you been with them a while they will work out payment plans. Good luck.....and the kids that tried to throw the cat in the fire was prolly related to tractor .

Are you able to inspect the paw yourself?

large bathtowel wrapped a million times around cat is useful, and since its a rear leg, this will definitely be a two person job.

Maybe its a small cut that just needs to be cleaned with some peroxide?

large bathtowel wrapped a million times around cat is useful, and since its a rear leg, this will definitely be a two person job.

yes the kitten will let me do whatever. She's kind as can be. At first I thought it was paw related but it's clear now it's in the elbow of the leg and it is swollen a little.

Applying for carecredit now but I think I'll be denied lol

This definitly won't hurt it and have done this many a times with outside cats. Stuff happens they get cuts, if you want to prevent infection and help out this is your best option besides taking it ot the Vet.

Also you could look at taking it to a shelter or something. I know there are schools in Columbus and around that take in cats from shelters just so they can "practice" vet technology for their degree.

In all honesty, let nature take it's course. Instincts will kick in and the cat will take care of itself.

Nowadays people are so hell bent on taking care of a species that lived for thousands of years without the assistance of humans.

:dumb:

Try OSU vet center.

If you can't afford it, just drop the cat off as a 'good samaritan' somebody else will adopt it later but at least it didn't die in your back yard.

They euthanize a lot of those animals.

My wife works at MedVet also and they do credit. Hell some things cost over $2k with things like cataract surgery and chemo.

Call a few vets and ask about credit, it might only cost $75-$150. Maybe some antibiotics and a splint will be all it needs. The one listed above for $25 seems cheap. Tell the vet your price range. Maybe xrays are $50, but the vet might be able to "feel" for a break and be 80% sure what is wrong instead of 95%. Just ideas that might save you money.

Try OSU vet center.

If you can't afford it, just drop the cat off as a 'good samaritan' somebody else will adopt it later but at least it didn't die in your back yard.

My wife also worked at OSU, they do not kill drop offs, some vet usually takes them home. This is bad practice because if enough people do drop them off, they will not find homes and will be killed.

Remember if you can't vet em, don't get em.

Applies to kids to: If you can't feed em, don't breed em.