Property tax reappraisal

LJ

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. When was the last time the county reevaluated and how much of the increase did you get knocked off?

They did a reeval in 2008 and didn't move mine shit because I had purchased in the last 6 months, so everyone else got a 10% reduction in the neighborhood except me. I was gonna fight it but never got around to it.

I got 23% of my last assessed value knocked off. Funny thing is, houses like mine are still selling for ~ 8% less than what I paid in my neighborhood, but the most recent sales on my street were 1 1/2 years ago and sold quickly at a loss for WAYYY cheap.

I just got mine too. It says my value dropped $10k since last year. It's still worth more than what I bought it for in March, but doesn't that seem like a big drop? I know it will lower my taxes, but I don't want it to drop again next year.

Saving??:confused:

Despite the cost of taxes, i am NOT seeing my house going down in value a savings..

Tax appraisal doesn't really mean shit other than your taxes. My last bank appraisal was only ~8% less than what I paid, as well as recent sales of this same house (actually not even as nice(older and outdated)) in the same neighborhood.

I spent last year successfully getting mine from the 117,300 from 2007/8 to the $78,000 i bought it for in march 09....i got mine saying new value is 102,200. Looks like i get to go through this whole process again...$526/yr increase. Fuck that.

I would seriously have to consider paying more for a home than it is valued. What would a bank say about someone attempting to obtain a loan for my home if I go to sell?

You can't buy a car for 25% more then it is "valued".

:fuuuu:

KillJoy

I would seriously have to consider paying more for a home than it is valued. What would a bank say about someone attempting to obtain a loan for my home if I go to sell?

They do a real market appraisal and get the value. My market appraisal which was done weeks ago is $20k higher than my tax appraisal.