Property tax reappraisal

LJ

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you all seeing this? Just checked the Franklin County Auditor and nothing has changed on my Reynoldsburg property value (and it should). Delaware County Auditor is showing nothing changed on my house either - which I fear will be going up if they do reassess. :(

Yeah it will be in the mail, then you have until sometime in September to object to their value, then it becomes official after that.... which is why it isn't on the website

Yeah it will be in the mail, then you have until sometime in September to object to their value, then it becomes official after that.... which is why it isn't on the website

It IS on the Website. When you have your Property pulled up, look on the left side. In Green, it will say "New Tentative Value". Click it....

KillJoy

Nevermind, they must be updating their site right now, as it kept giving errors, and now has a link to a tentative value. Value went from 117k to $91,200 - a $25,800 loss. Since that's a 22% loss in value does that mean my taxes will go down by 22%? My guess = no.

Jones, you need to fight the city on that. There is no chance in hell you could sell your property at its current value, let alone for $12,700 more.

It IS on the Website. When you have your Property pulled up, look on the left side. In Green, it will say "New Tentative Value". Click it....

KillJoy

Like Joe said, they must be currently updating it, because nothing was on there earlier

Nevermind, they must be updating their site right now, as it kept giving errors, and now has a link to a tentative value. Value went from 117k to $91,200 - a $25,800 loss. Since that's a 22% loss in value does that mean my taxes will go down by 22%? My guess = no.

Jones, you need to fight the city on that. There is no chance in hell you could sell your property at its current value, let alone for $12,700 more.

Mine went down the same amount. Yours should as well unless Reynoldsburg added new levies for the 2011 tax year

Mine went down the same amount. Yours should as well unless Reynoldsburg added new levies for the 2011 tax year

His did, mine is being singled out for some reason.

it's gone up about 16K since I've bought it and they want to tack on another 12.5K again. WTF.JPG

I'm the only person who they haven't lowered....angry.jpg

His did, mine is being singled out for some reason.

it's gone up about 16K since I've bought it and they want to tack on another 12.5K again. WTF.JPG

I'm the only person who they haven't lowered....angry.jpg

Mine went from 78,000 to 102,200. F u

mine went down 20k. i agree with most of the posts here. it will be nice to pay less per year in taxes, however we were looking to sell within the next 12 months, people now days are really looking at tax value when making offers. rock and a hard place i guess.

tom

Our house dropped from $129,700 to $99,700! We paid $122,xxx 9 Years ago.

Fuck that noise!

KillJoy

My house was $180 7 years ago, now its worth $148 as of today.. Remember the days when houses where an investment? We just threw away 30k plus interest. :fuuuu:

Note: I know its still an investment.. at least it is for some of you.

It doesn't help when I paid $140k for my house six years ago and my neighbor across the street bought his last year for $88k due to a foreclosure.

foreclosures aren't included in the county assessment