dubstep club/bar in columbus?

SPL_Josh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually very far from techno. Classic techno is Carl Cox back in the late 90-2000's at festivals with 50-100k+ people in Europe. Techno's beat per minute is 140ish. Dub step is way slower.

You're close, but not at all. Dubstep has derived from DnB, but at a slower tempo, with similar breaks and intelligent automations. However, one of the classifications of dubstep is 140 BPM as opposed to the 160'ish in DnB. Similar concept to Garage and Speed Garage.. Almost one in the same, but much faster tempo.

PS- Carl Cox was most notably known as a House artist, but certainly dabbled into some Techno. The late 90s and early 00s you didn't have many genres other than House and Techno lol.

Im saying that what you posted is techno was a slight dubstep remix. techno is for fags.

You have no idea what you're talking about in this case. Those are perfect examples of dubstep, both original tracks and remixes. You need to learn about your separate genres before making these kind of statements. None of what I posted is remotely close to real Techno.

So is dubstep just a name for a type of music such as rap, or rock?

Dubstep is a sub-genre of Electronica music, the same way Techno, DnB, Trip-hop, Trance, Hardstyle, Speed Garage and etc. are a sub-genre. If someone like Jeffro says Electronica music is Techno, they're clueless.

Dubstep = DEEP bass tones + wobbling scores + what ever dirty beat you can think of.

Mis-conception.

Yes, in mainstream Dubstep you will find these characteristics, but originally dubstep was simply dark with fidgets, textures and almost experimental sounds, while keeping a downbeat structure of DnB. The dirty, wobbly, deep bass you hear is more of the new-era sound you're getting from DnB, which obviously has a heavy influence on Dubstep. Take close notice to the fact that 80% of Dub artists have roots in DnB and Jungle.

Mis-conception.

Yes, in mainstream Dubstep you will find these characteristics, but originally dubstep was simply dark with fidgets, textures and almost experimental sounds, while keeping a downbeat structure of DnB. The dirty, wobbly, deep bass you hear is more of the new-era sound you're getting from DnB, which obviously has a heavy influence on Dubstep. Take close notice to the fact that 80% of Dub artists have roots in DnB and Jungle.

I agree but as far as someone who has yet to learn about dubstep is concerned they will know it as it is now not the house/trance roots of samples and beats.

I agree but as far as someone who has yet to learn about dubstep is concerned they will know it as it is now not the house/trance roots of samples and beats.

Wobbles and dirty bass aren't the only things that make a song dubstep, is the point I really want to get across lol. :masturboy:

If it isn't four on the floor it is bad electronic music. I love house and electronic music but I can not get into dubstep. I tried and it just fails hardcore. I guess if I was on mushrooms and weed at the same time I could tolerate it.

If it isn't four on the floor it is bad electronic music. I love house and electronic music but I can not get into dubstep. I tried and it just fails hardcore. I guess if I was on mushrooms and weed at the same time I could tolerate it.

I'm more-or-less just burned out on it from it being literally everywhere these days. But like you, I'll always love Electro, House and on occasion Progressive... like you said, four to the floor is really the only way to go.

What the fuck am I saying, I love it all. :masturboy:

I'm more-or-less just burned out on it from it being literally everywhere these days. But like you, I'll always love Electro, House and on occasion Progressive... like you said, four to the floor is the only way to go.

I rather listen to Aphex Twin for the rest of my life then just one crapstep song.