Computer issues, need help.

RedRocket1647545505

I'm having a bit of a problem with my desktop. The other day I was using it, messing around on CR, when the power suddenly went out. Computer shuts off, and I restart it. Now, I can't get the Internet to work. Reset modem, reset wireless router, restarted computer. Nothing. Neither FireFox nor IE will load anything, at all. Ran diagnostics on it and it shows nothing wrong. Other computers work just fine. I'm at a loss here.

Any ideas??

Negative. Tried that.

I got to thinking though. Would/could it be a DNS issue if it's only one computer having problems?

No idea what router you have so no. Login to the router with its IP address in IE. 192.168.whatever.youset put in username and password, then look for the WAN settings. if you click on every option you will eventually find it. You should see Primary and Secondary DNS server somewhere.

If you are getting an IP address, from cmd type ping http://www.cnn.com if you get nothing type ping 198.6.1.2 (that will tell you if your dns is not working but you are connected to the interwebs)

If you are getting a good internet connection but dns is dead, you need to go set a new dns server

Change your DNS servers in your router to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 and see what happens

This is a retarded response. dont do this.

If you are getting an IP address, from cmd type ping http://www.cnn.com if you get nothing type ping 198.6.1.2 (that will tell you if your dns is not working but you are connected to the interwebs)

If you are getting a good internet connection but dns is dead, you need to go set a new dns server

while this is a good suggestion, you shouldnt have to set DNS servers in your router. DHCP from your isp will do this for you.

Im surprised nobody has asked this yet; are you able to connect to the internet via another computer? (implying your post was from somewhere else). If not, then its an issue with your ISP potentially.

factory reset on the router?

This is a retarded response. dont do this.

while this is a good suggestion, you shouldnt have to set DNS servers in your router. DHCP from your isp will do this for you.

Im surprised nobody has asked this yet; are you able to connect to the internet via another computer? (implying your post was from somewhere else). If not, then its an issue with your ISP potentially.

factory reset on the router?

ping http://www.cnn.com = could not find host

Ping 198.6.1.2 = Destination host unreachable (x4), packets sent = 4, received = 4

Resetting everything has been tried multiple times.

All other computers work, except my desktop.