Oil Coming from Exhaust

TwiztedRabbit

i planned on it... i never said i wouldnt... i dont know where you got that from. but anyways i can pay for gas and a trailer i dont have the addition money for anouther truck. but anyways.. thanks for pointing out the obvious.. not be be a dick or nothing

Ahhhhh... I thought you mentioned for food and beer. Which is cool... I was just thinking if you were wanting a hand out (which I would do 100% if I lived near you), it limits the area of people that can help.

If you are paying for fuel, let me know. I'll only have you pay what you feel is fair and to cover maybe a few bucks for fuel... Let me know...

The truck idea was that usually trailers are fairly expensive and for a few bucks more, you could get a truck and do it all at once w/o worrying about other people's schedules...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to find out what happens. I would think if its oil out the exhaust it would have a huge white cloud of smoke when running.

Things I would think of...

Diesel in the fuel I have seen it more than once.

No fire in one of the cylinders

Way Rich mixture or bad injectors.

bad juice

too much oil in the crank

After all that I would do a leak down test

What happens inside an engine can indeed be strange at times. A favorite example, what happens when your air filter becomes extremely dirty and cuts air flow by a major amount? or gets wet, cutting air flow almost entirely? The engine is still pulling a vacuum, but now it has to be from somewhere else. The path of least resistance, is to pull oil into your combustion chambers. Past the valve guides and seals, and past the piston rings. Vacuum hoses can collapse or break, causing other strange things to happen. Like your vacuum controlled distributor advance suddenly stops working.

Another one, what happens when a cylinder doesn't fire? So the combustion chamber is wet with fuel, and it sort of compresses and blows out the exhaust. Well, some blue smoke sure, and a ratty idle. I'd expect a possible backfire or two. But worse, the unfired fuel in the cylinder, wets down the cylinder walls, and destroys the film of oil that protects the piston rings and cylinder wall. It can accelerate damage quickly.

Note, that's actually a front-fire, a back-fire is back out through the carburetor. A front-fire, a phrase I made up, is firing in the exhaust.

hey hey everyone have a bit of an update.. my bike will be finished later this week.. it was a bad seal can't remember what one i'll know when i pick it up..i was in a hurry talking to them seeing as i was at work.. so all will be good and im not out for the season WOO

haha thanks all... ben sorry i couldnt make it out.. had some family issues.. dave deff man were always out so we'll see ya around Blake... bite me jk i came from a honda love em and will do again i was in a hurry i should know more today but it will be ready by friday woo

ok so it was the cylinder headcover gasket was bad and leaking oil into the cylinders and well the rest was history so it is being wrking on right now.. all is covered by warranty so no worries.. it will be done actually monday or tuesday so i'll pick her up next week oh well supposed to be crappy next couple days.. THE RABBIT IS BACK!