Food challenges and monstrosities

DaddyBuiltRacing

So I have been on this kick lately where I wanna go to new places and try new foods ect. Well today while watching the History channel of all things I see this show called Modern Marvels "Supersized Foods" and it got me to thinking and wondering. What challenges or enormous foods do you know about here in Ohio. I have a couple and have done 1 and plan on doing another one next week

Hoggies Challenge: 1/2 Chicken, Half Slab of ribs, 7" Pulled Pork sandwhich, 2 sides and cornbread, slayed this thing in 17mins then finished off my wifes fries for good meassure. Some fellow CR members were there to witness this feat lol. You finish it you get a t-shirt or $15 gift card for next time you're there

Johnny Biggs in Ontario Ohio (outside of Mansfield): They call it "The Bigg Boss Challenge". Four half pound burgers layered between grilled cheese sandwiches, topped with bacon, more cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions and mayo on a toasted pretzel bun with a large order of fries. Over 5 pounds of towering culinary goodness. "Knock it off" and win a T-Shirt and your picture on the "Wall of Fame". Finish it in 20 minutes or less and it's on us.

http://www.johnnybiggsrestaurant.com/Article/BIGG_BOSS_Challenge

Thurmans Cafe (Columbus): 1 word, Thurmanator!! Bottom bun, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickle, banana peppers, 12 ounce burger, bacon, cheddar, another 12 oz burger, sautéed mushrooms & onions, ham, mozzarella & American cheese, top bun served with fries.

http://www.thethurmancafe.com/menus/

I saw this on the tv show and figured I would list it even though its not in Ohio.

Mallies Bar & Grill (Southgate Michigan): They offer 10lb, 50lb and even a 338lb burger!!

http://www.malliesbar.com/index.htm

Anyone know of any others?

My friends and I. Did this kind of thing in high school, after a while we started doing our own challenges like 3 chipotly barritos and 100 wings at hooters. Both of which iv done. Also delaware has a pizza place called shortys, 2 people one huge pizza in one hour if you do it the pay you 100 bucks. Only two people have ever finished it.

How big is that damn pizza because I kill a large by myself and eat a sub afterwards. In fact I am waiting on my delivery to get here as I type this lmfao. God my stomache and organs are going to hate my ass

Beanie burger is out as I don't eat Coleslaw

What is the QSL challenge, the wing deal?

I am going to do the dagwood, I am a sub fanatic and can eat with the best of em lol.

Found another one, Melt in Cleveland

Our monster grilled cheese featuring 13 different cheeses, 3 slices of grilled bread and a pile of hand-cut fries & slaw. Over 5 lbs. of food! Finish it all without any help or trips to the bathroom and you will be awarded a Melt t-shirt or Melt Pint Glass, a $10 gift card and we’ll immortalize you in our online Melt Challenge Hall of Fame

http://meltbarandgrilled.com/melt-challenge/

there is a challenge in st. marys, oh at Jt's brew and grill. its called the super bowl challenge. 1 burger with 2 1lb patties, half lb of bacon and half lb of cheese, giant onion rings and normal toppings. then you have 2 large orders of fries and 1 large milk shake. roughly 5-6lbs of food. you have 1hr to finish it. if you do its all free, if not its 22ish dollars. the challenge kicked my ass but i forced that last bit of food down lol

and the burger was fucking delicious.

we got a couple places here in cincy...

Rockafellas Pizza

Bronx Bomber challenge

Whole pizza, two people, 30 minutes. If you do it, t-shirt, picture on wall and the pizza is free.

Pizza is 18". stuffed, with several cheeses and meats. I get full on 1 slice. When they used to serve it on a paper plate, by the time you were done, you could see through plate due to all the grease....

Another cool thing about this place, is that it is a non-profit. (I hear there is one of these in Dayton too)

Izzy's

110 Reuben

In this deal in honor of Izzy's 110th anniversary, you pay $19.99 to eat the 110 Reuben, an intimidating creation that includes a potato pancake, 1 pound of Izzy's Famous Corned Beef, a heap of sauerkraut, dressing and a smothering of Swiss cheese piled into a loaf of rye bread, and pickles on the side. Only the person taking the challenge may eat anything off the plate, and you must eat everything on your plate. If anyone else eats something on your plate, you will be charged the full non-challenge price: $29.99. Complete the challenge in 30 minutes or less and Izzy's will refund your money. Plus, you get a t-shirt and a photo on Izzy's wall of fame.

I am pretty sure this challenge is going to be aired on "Man vs Food Nation"

Montgomery Inn

All you can eat ribs and Saratoga Chips

Not a challenge, but a few times a year MI has this offer, and it is HIT. It started as an anniversary special for all you can eat for $19.89 and lasted over a weekend. It was so successful they bring it back every so often. If you do it, go early. If you wait till 7ish, its like a 2hour wait because of the amount of people...

Anyway, I have been to Izzy's and Rockefellas, here is a list of the others in Cincy...

http://cincinnati.metromix.com/restaurants/article/you-vs-food-lots/2420790/content

Found another one, Melt in Cleveland

Our monster grilled cheese featuring 13 different cheeses, 3 slices of grilled bread and a pile of hand-cut fries & slaw. Over 5 lbs. of food! Finish it all without any help or trips to the bathroom and you will be awarded a Melt t-shirt or Melt Pint Glass, a $10 gift card and we’ll immortalize you in our online Melt Challenge Hall of Fame

http://meltbarandgrilled.com/melt-challenge/

Beat me to it! That has to be a bad day after taking that challenge

I've been wanting to do this one. http://www.joseppispizza.com/11/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83&Itemid=175 $100 cash, $150 in gift certs, shirt

I've done the Dagwood on a couple of occasions, insane to think someone did it in 3 minutes. Took me a little less than 20.

Beat me to it! That has to be a bad day after taking that challenge

Someones gonna be constipated for sure. My buddy is seriously the biggest cheese freak I know. Hell he was at the Gingers (Alex L) shop and was eathing cheese sandwhiches with potato chips and mustard on it. Every time he comes to my house he sounds like Urkle "got any cheese"