997 Turbo v. C6 Z06

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not a weekend car?

At 500hp and only a 2 seater weighing in at 3911lbs, i couldnt see this being a DD all year round.

0-60 4.2 sec

12.6 @112.6 mph in the 1/4

Dunno, just not. No offense, but just not a car I would consider buying to just drive on weekends. If I bought that car, then I'd drive it every day.

Trust me, you'd daily drive the amg over the vette. Comfort, speed, quiet, automatic---i wouldn't consider daily driving my vette--not because its too nice, I'd just rather drive the more comfortable car on a daily basis

This.

yeah that 700whp is cool until the engine lets go. then you're out half the price of the car just to get it fixed.

its a porsche, not some 4g63 dreamland you are living in where you can get a core motor for peanuts or back alley cleveland handjobs.

You might want to do some research, there are plenty make 600-700whp ALL day on the stock internals. There are quite a few making 800-900whp+ on them if you want to get technical. Even then it's bad tuning and slightly bent rods when something does happen.....

Not that it matters if he's keeping it stock but the potential for easy upgrades is there... ;)

why hasn't anyone yet mentioned viper? im checkin on ebay and these things are dirt cheap and rock solid.

You can pick them up cheap (Gen I-III) but I'd look at a Gen-IV. Some people don't want to mod the 08+ because of the VVT setup but they do make great power with a capable tuner.

I've always wanted one but downside is the interior is straight JUNK DODGE... :(

what are used ford gts going for?

Prices are starting to go up now $150-170k+...

If he planned on trackdays, I could see it otherwise MOST won't like them...

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/ViperACR.jpg

I like the FE personally...

http://www.bjmotors.biz/images/inventory/2010DodgeViperSRT10FECoupe24_0421/large_28.jpg

I've never driven a Viper. I like the way they look (on the outside, at least) and I think I would enjoy the gobs of power. However, I've heard criticisms before about the interior and also heard that, unless your thrashing the shit out of the car, it's kind of a pain in the ass to drive (i.e., not all that comfortable, etc).

P.S. Vipers are those cars that everyone thinks are the fastest things in the universe simply because they are Vipers. A completely stock Viper could be sitting next to a top-fuel dragster in Kroger's parking lot, and some 15 year old kid will walk up and proclaim that the Viper would destroy the dragster simply because, well, it's a Viper, which are incapable of losing a race of any kind.

I've never driven a Viper. I like the way they look (on the outside, at least) and I think I would enjoy the gobs of power. However, I've heard criticisms before about the interior and also heard that, unless your thrashing the shit out of the car, it's kind of a pain in the ass to drive (i.e., not all that comfortable, etc).

P.S. Vipers are those cars that everyone thinks are the fastest things in the universe simply because they are Vipers. A completely stock Viper could be sitting next to a top-fuel dragster in Kroger's parking lot, and some 15 year old kid will walk up and proclaim that the Viper would destroy the dragster simply because, well, it's a Viper, which are incapable of losing a race of any kind.

Ive driven a gen 4 and it felt like a rickety piece of shit. That being said, it was probably because its a purpose built car. Not meant to feel good.

Stock for stock, its right up there with the others you mentioned.

Ive driven a gen 4 and it felt like a rickety piece of shit. That being said, it was probably because its a purpose built car. Not meant to feel good.

Stock for stock, its right up there with the others you mentioned.

I don't think they are that bad. The Gen-III/IV is much better than the early models but then again, it's a race car for the street. It's not suppose to be a cushy ride. It was designed to have NO traction control, ABS, cruise, etc...only later were ABS and creature comforts added to please the middle aged "look at me" types.

With a DRIVER, I'd say its above the others mentioned in performance but it's more hardcore and NOT really a DD type car. Some people DD them but depending on your location, it may not be great. The early models were very hot inside due to the exhaust/cats placement. You can solve it with aftermarket exhaust, etc. Interior is plastic and cheap but you can have it done in leather like everything else, but I wouldn't waste the cash. 2010 got a few changes and make it the best year to buy for top end/1-Mile runs.

I'd like to buy one just to run 10's stock....probably wouldn't spend much on it modding after that and would stick to trackdays and other stuff besides 1/4-mile...

I've got my bike for drag/Top Speed stuff!