997 Turbo v. C6 Z06

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when jp mentioned 996.

I love you, but you're a retard.

i like porsche, but if i were faced with getting a 996, or c5, i would get the c5. mods much cheaper.

tell me you wouldn't spend more getting a 996 to 400whp vs getting a vanilla c5 to 400whp.

A set of turbos, a tune, and injectors gets you to 700 mutherfuckign WHP on a 996. If your Savy, all can be had for 5k.

PM Justin on CR if you don't believe me. I guess its easy to say 996>c5 when you have literally no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

The turbo is implied.

You are the only one in this thread dumb enough to bring the N/A 996 into the discussion.

:lolguy:

A set of turbos, a tune, and injectors gets you to 700 mutherfuckign WHP on a 996. If your Savy, all can be had for 5k.

PM Justin on CR if you don't believe me. I guess its easy to say 996>c5 when you have literally no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

The truth.... :gabe:

2200.00 apr tune and the 996tt makes over 450whp

Not to mention if you are looking at a 996/997-Turbo its because you want something different. ANYONE can buy a damn C5/6 and mod it. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that but.....when you go to a meet and there are three and four cars EXACTLY like yours....you'll want something different after a while.

In this case a 996/997 would be a great start... ;)

yeah that 700whp is cool until the engine lets go. then you're out half the price of the car just to get it fixed.

its a porsche, not some 4g63 dreamland you are living in where you can get a core motor for peanuts or back alley cleveland handjobs.

yeah that 700whp is cool until the engine lets go. then you're out half the price of the car just to get it fixed.

its a porsche, not some 4g63 dreamland you are living in where you can get a core motor for peanuts or back alley cleveland handjobs.

:popcorn:

Daily, yes (though I wouldn't have it all murdered out like that). Weekend car, no.

why not a weekend car?

At 500hp and only a 2 seater weighing in at 3911lbs, i couldnt see this being a DD all year round.

0-60 4.2 sec

12.6 @112.6 mph in the 1/4

why not a weekend car?

At 500hp and only a 2 seater weighing in at 3911lbs, i couldnt see this being a DD all year round.

0-60 4.2 sec

Came to post this. The black series is a car I would only weekend drive. Suspension is supposed to be very stiff.

Unless it doesn't have the look he wants, but honestly a corvette doesn't exude a great image imo.

Came to post this. The black series is a car I would only weekend drive. Suspension is supposed to be very stiff.

Unless it doesn't have the look he wants, but honestly a corvette doesn't exude a great image imo.

http://www.evosport.com/product/vehicle/guides/MBZ_CLK63BS.pdf

why not a weekend car?

0-60 4.2 sec

trust me, its a daily driver. same with the cts-v. and i would not daily either in the winter. i love rolling out in all the comforts that can be had in a 4200lb luxo-barge, but if you're looking for primarily a weekend toy, i just don't feel any of the following are the perfect vehicles (M5/6, CTS-v, S5, AMG's, and basically anything with 4 doors). 3900lbs is a ton of weight (almost two tons). if i'm looking to drive in style/comfort, take the kids somewhere, maybe have the wife drive home, and still go fast---its the V. if i'm looking to break the law, its the vette--

sure, you'll be unique at a car meet with a modded porsche turbo--:dumb:

trust me, its a daily driver. same with the cts-v. and i would not daily either in the winter. i love rolling out in all the comforts that can be had in a 4200lb luxo-barge, but if you're looking for primarily a weekend toy, i just don't feel any of the following are the perfect vehicles (M5/6, CTS-v, S5, AMG's, and basically anything with 4 doors). 3900lbs is a ton of weight (almost two tons). if i'm looking to drive in style/comfort, take the kids somewhere, maybe have the wife drive home, and still go fast---its the V. if i'm looking to break the law, its the vette--

sure, you'll be unique at a car meet with a modded porsche turbo--:dumb:

I think he is looking for something unique as well. The clk63 black is different and can be modded to 600whp pretty easily. 600whp in a luxury/performance 2 seater that isnt going to cost him 10k in maintenance every year. Sounds like best of both worlds.

I'd DD a vette before I DD a black series. Dime a fucking dozen. That to me is like wearing a TAG Heuer as a daily watch, and keeping the Casio in the drawer for special occasions.

Agreed, maybe not to these extremes, but agreed.

600whp pretty easily.

Have you actually done any real work research on what kind of $$ it takes to make the 6.2 produce 600rwhp daily ?

Tune & long tubes are a solid 5K...

For 15K you can get a claimed "650 crank" HP from MHP..

http://www.modernhorsepower.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=MC63S3CMRPACK

Or 15K for a S/C kit

http://www.weistec.com/m156sc.html

And you can get a cool 500rwhp..

Laughed the fuck out loud. Fer reel

A 996 will live longer than you at 700whp. Sad, but true, just ask your doctor. Ask anyone who has owned a mild 996/997 if they have had reliability issues. Hell, Jamie's old 996 was a slut, raced all over the damn country, sold several times, and is still faster than anything you have or wil ever own.

After 2 years of flogging my him and then Cavin, I don't think it had as much as the plugs changed. :fuckyeah:

I'd DD a vette before I DD a black series. Dime a fucking dozen. That to me is like wearing a TAG Heuer as a daily watch, and keeping the Casio in the drawer for special occasions.

Trust me, you'd daily drive the amg over the vette. Comfort, speed, quiet, automatic---i wouldn't consider daily driving my vette--not because its too nice, I'd just rather drive the more comfortable car on a daily basis

No one said the weekend toy had to be the more exclusive/expensive car. Didn't realize it was a black series---wow. Looked like another benz to me.

Trust me, you'd daily drive the amg over the vette. Comfort, speed, quiet, automatic---i wouldn't consider daily driving my vette--not because its too nice, I'd just rather drive the more comfortable car on a daily basis

I totally agree, I guess more truthfully I wouldn't want to DD either.