Yuengling @Bostons in Marysville 5:30pm 10/3/11

99FLHRCI

It's a novelty right now. Its a good beer and its always good to support an American-owned family business. Just try it for yourself and see if you like it. Keep in mind, there are 7 different varieties to choose from. I still have 7 cases of it left over from my wedding in my basement.

I saw that BW3's in Dublin is having a Yuengling tasting party. People lose their minds over this beer. Have never had it. Comparisons? Is it really that good? People make it out like it's liquid cocaine.

With all the different varieties it is a hard comparison. It really is just one of those things you have to try. Some people love it, some people hate it, and some people have to have it cause it was hard to get/the in thing. Personally, I prefer it over similarly priced beers and I enjoy the lager and the Old Chesterfield Ale. I picked up a case every time I was in PA to bring back but wasn't willing to pay much over a $5 markup for someone else to bring me any back.

yuengling is just ok. people are just still caught up in the hysteria. makes me laugh. along with the other fags that think guiness and sam adams are craft beer. LAWL.

BUT GUINESS IS DARK BEER FROM LE IRELAND WHICH MAKES IT VERY EUROPEAN AND ME VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND BEER SAAVY FOR DRINKING IT

guiness may be sweet in ireland (never had it) where its something like 14% alcohol, but we get the 5-6% swill.

no thanks.

When I was in England a few years ago, they had all kinds of crazy beers I had never heard of. And of course all the local younger guys at the pubs were ordering Budweiser because they thought it was this ultra sweet imported beer.

I've been seeing signs for this stuff around my side of town also. I doubt I'll bother trying it as I've neveer really liked much beer, I'm one of those Bud Select guys. Everything I've tried that was supposed to be good or have a lot of flavor I really don't like. I'd rather drink cough syrip then Guiness.

So anyway it looks like you can get Yuengling about anywhere that carries a selection of beer at this point, so who cares?

So anyway it looks like you can get Yuengling about anywhere that carries a selection of beer at this point, so who cares?

Same reason everyone cares it is Cinco de Mayo or St. Patty's Day or any other non-important event that occurs. Another excuse to drink beer and shoot the shit.

I've been seeing signs for this stuff around my side of town also. I doubt I'll bother trying it as I've never really liked much beer, I'm one of those Bud Select guys. Everything I've tried that was supposed to be good or have a lot of flavor I really don't like. I'd rather drink cough syrup then Guinness.

Sounds like the perfect reason why you should.

Yuengling is nothing special. Having had the experience of tasting literally thousands of beers, I found it rather unremarkable. It's good, but I'd rather have a craft beer anyday.

But thats the point, as far as a "Drinking beer" such as miller or bud etc, you can get a case for a very similar price and its much better than those.

Trust me I love and have tasted hundreds of craft beers, but I don't want to pay XX amount of dollars EVERY time I drink to get drunk or just while hanging out watching football.

But thats the point, as far as a "Drinking beer" such as miller or bud etc, you can get a case for a very similar price and its much better than those.

Trust me I love and have tasted hundreds of craft beers, but I don't want to pay XX amount of dollars EVERY time I drink to get drunk or just while hanging out watching football.

This pretty much sums it all up for me as well. I'm constantly traveling and always look for the different craft beers in different areas to try, but when I'm ready to just get drunk for cheaper, I start ordering Yuengling. Living in Florida, I did end up getting kinda burnt out on it though and switched back to bud select. I'm sure the same thing will happen again in a month or two

idk...ive had it when i visit friends in PA, and it's ok, but i dont like it enough to bring any back for myself...i have though brought back multiple cases for people here, quite a few CR members too...14 cases being the top haul. lol.

i might order one on draft when i go to bdubs, but thats about it.